Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62649 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    Google.com

Unhappy Have server with windows 2003 , I want many pple to connect to it in the same time

Have server with windows 2003 , I want many pple to connect to it in the same time .

How ?

Like many RDPs , on the same windows and like 5 - 8 pple can connect in the same time .

Tried using google , but it seems like I need to edit the windows , but didn't find out how

The best link I could find so far :

http://serverfault.com/questions/468...-to-one-server

Any one can help ? please
    TheTorrentSeller Reviewed by TheTorrentSeller on . Have server with windows 2003 , I want many pple to connect to it in the same time Have server with windows 2003 , I want many pple to connect to it in the same time . How ? Like many RDPs , on the same windows and like 5 - 8 pple can connect in the same time . Tried using google , but it seems like I need to edit the windows , but didn't find out how Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

You mean sessions.
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition only allows 3 sessions.
    I believe you have to buy some sort of license ( i forget the name) for more sessions, it gets very expensive.

Website's:
    Google.com
    what windows can let me make many rdps on the same windows ?

and pple can connect at the same time

Website's:
    Google.com
    ???????????????????

Website's:
    ServeDome.com
    By default Windows Server 2003 Standard allows only upto 2 remote desktop connections at the same time.If you want more then you need to purchase the terminal services licence.

I think you can do mutiple rdp in windows xp.See this for more info:

http://sig9.com/articles/concurrent-remote-desktop

http://www.golod.com/2005/10/enablin...-edition-2005/

Website's:
    Google.com
    Looks very interesting

will check it out all , and let u know what happen

no. The limit is 2 for standard (and if you use the hack on windows xp) and 3 on enterprise. if you want more, you have to get licenses which i heard are expensive.

Website's:
    Google.com
    this won't give me more than 2 ?

http://sig9.com/articles/concurrent-remote-desktop

no other ways ?

Website's:
    Adultddl.com Inwarez.In Slizzytube.com TheSexyDesire.com
    you can use teamviewer

Yes, that article says concurrent, that hack is made to have 2 people login at once.
    since windows xp and non server versions of windows only allow 1 remote desktop connection at once, that hack allows for 2 concurrent users to login at once.

Windows servers have things called "sessions" windows server 2003 standard comes with 2 sessions, meaning you can login as the same user up to 2 times at one time, OR have 2 users logged in RDC at the same time. Enterprise allows 3.
    There is no way to "hack" and get more, b/c you NEED a license.

Although there are alternatives, like sahil3x1 said, you can use teamviewer. You can make multiple accounts and put teamviewer on each account and people can connect (but there ARE some flaws to that) i believe if the user is logged off you cannot login.

Your next best thing would be installing a VNC Server on the server itself.
    Then users can login via a port for each user ( ithink you can set it up that way) and even if the user is logged off, they can login.

Alternatively, depending on the specs of the server and features (such as more IP's, although you do not need it if you use VNC) you can install VMWare and set up Virtual Machines (VPS's) and give them each their own IP, AND OR VNC Port.

But be careful with allowing many people to the same computer! They can do some harm, and it would be the owners fault!

best of luck to you , hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information