Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6816 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com

Default Ultimate Guide To Protect Yourself

Here is an in-detail thread about self-protection from all the intrusions, hack attempts, rats, keylogging, stealing etc.

The basic idea is to have a good army of ANTI's to protect yourself. You will need the following tools:

1. Anti-Virus - Run an Anti-Virus no matter how powerful your system is. Even free ones would do. Below is the list of free topline Anti-Virus.

2. Anti-Malware - There are two recommendation that i would give. Both of them are free, do a great job and both run on your demand.

3. Host Intrusion Prevention System - This is also known as HIPS. It can Prevent you from unwanted intrusions like telnet acess etc. My personal recommendation is
    Win Patrol

4. Firewall - Dont forget to run Windows Firewall. If its setup correctly it can block most unwanted intrusions. And you could also run free firewalls out there. Some of the most used ones include

5. Key Scrambler - Use some free key scramblers to protect yourself from keylogging. And most importantly use a virtual keyboard while typing in passwords of bank logins, paypal login etc.
    Some of the free ones are -

6. Browser Selection - Internet browsers are personal choice. No matter whatever browser you use, never save any password.
    If you want to save passwords, then use the following method -

• Download Mozilla Firefox and install it.
    • Open Firefox ----> Tools ----> Options -----> Security Tab.
    • Tick "Remember password for sites" and "Use a master password".
    • Type in a master password.

Now each time you goto a login page where the password is saved, it will first ask for the master password, hence protecting your password from stealers.

7. Sandboxie - Use Sandboxie if you are a heavy downloader. What sandboxie does is understood from the picture below:

8. Use VmWare to run unkown softwares. It is similar to sandboxie.

9. Never save any password on IM clients like MSN, Yahoo, Skype etc.

10. Never save passwords on ftp clients like filezilla, smart ftp etc.

11. Never download any softwares which says poker chips creator, free paypal money adder etc. Never believe in such softwares which dont exist. Its all fake softwares which are binded probably with a bot.

12. Never visit links which you are not sure.

13. Never accept pictures sent through IM clients where the sender in unkown.

14. Finally make sure all your windows, anti-virus, anti-malware definitions are upto date.
    DLow Reviewed by DLow on . Ultimate Guide To Protect Yourself Here is an in-detail thread about self-protection from all the intrusions, hack attempts, rats, keylogging, stealing etc. The basic idea is to have a good army of ANTI's to protect yourself. You will need the following tools: 1. Anti-Virus - Run an Anti-Virus no matter how powerful your system is. Even free ones would do. Below is the list of free topline Anti-Virus. Avira Antivirus Personal Avast Panda Cloud Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    tricks-fix.com
    really usefull...thnx man

Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com
    Make sure you list the source were you got it from Dlow

http://coremodding.com/topic/2864-ul...lf-on-the-web/

Website's:
    ihide.info
    I use comodo internet security. it as AV/FW/sandbox aio. nice program for doing 3 jobs that 3 different programs can do.. but also slow down your machine.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Well never download warez apps from top forums even as most of em are bundled with spyware or botnets. Better download apps from author website and find a key or else buy it if its cheap and worth it

Banned
    Thanks for the tips buddy ...

Banned
    Website's:
    CuraShare.Net CuraShare.Me CuraShare.Info
    Wow, I'd say use a good Linux distro, like I use daily. Why go through all the hassle, and make your PC even slower then it already is (running windows).

I enjoy making fun of windows

Website's:
    intelligen2009.com
    tried several linux distrobs; in short terms: "it makes no fun"

SERVER: YES CLIENT: NO

its that easy

I enjoy making fun of posix
    You need a more professional multi-posting system - check out IntelligeN 2009: all boards, all functions - all in one

Nice guide, DLow

Very good guide for new members.
    Nice work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information