Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6716 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Google Chrome Overtakes Firefox to Become the No. 2 Browser in the World

Google has finally done it, its Chrome browser is now the second most popular in the world, topped only by Internet Explorer. According to the latest StatCounter numbers, Chrome has just edged past Firefox, last week, taking the number two spot.

The most interesting part is that Chrome actually lost a bit of market share coming from the previous week; however, Firefox lost even more in that time.

In fact, the only major browser to add market share in the past week is Internet Explorer, in a reversal of a very old trend.

Google Chrome had a 25.47 percent share of the market, in the week ending November 13. Firefox on the other hand ended the week with just 25.32 percent.

Chrome had a 25.5 percent market share in the week before that, while Firefox had 25.79 percent.

But both browsers lost market share in the last week, mostly to Internet Explorer which saw an uptick in usage. IE went from 40.32 percent market share in the first week of November to 40.78 percent in the following week.

At this point, Chrome and Firefox are too close, so things may change, Firefox may regain the second spot, if only temporarily.

However, the broader trends, as seen in Statcounter data, but also discovered by other players keeping an eye on the web browser market, shows Firefox slowly declining or stagnating, while Google Chrome keeps on growing.

While things may fluctuate from one week to the other for a while, Google Chrome will eventually overtake Firefox by a safe enough margin, in a matter of weeks based on Statcounter data, or months based on other data, such as NetApplications.

Of course, even though the large trends have been relatively stable, Internet Explorer is losing market share, Chrome is gaining, Firefox isn't going anywhere, nothing is set in stone.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Googl...d-235472.shtml

It was only a matter of time. I still can't jump ship for Chrome though. It's too fluid feeling for me if that makes any sense
    RDR Reviewed by RDR on . Google Chrome Overtakes Firefox to Become the No. 2 Browser in the World Google has finally done it, its Chrome browser is now the second most popular in the world, topped only by Internet Explorer. According to the latest StatCounter numbers, Chrome has just edged past Firefox, last week, taking the number two spot. http://i.imgur.com/XgmMK.png The most interesting part is that Chrome actually lost a bit of market share coming from the previous week; however, Firefox lost even more in that time. In fact, the only major browser to add market share in Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

hmm. i know they will.

Banned
    Website's:
    Ifyoureseeingthisinsteadofrealbiothenyourenotyetreadytoknow.com
    IE number one?

For me, Chrome > FF > Opera > Safari > IE

^ The number one used browser in the world, not the best*

*Of course this is all subjective...

Banned
    Website's:
    leakformation.com musictooth.com
    noobs use IE

IE number one?
    It's only #1 because it comes default on Windows and most users don't install a different browser which leads it to being the most used, doesn't mean the most loved!

"Put her hands down my pants now she rocking Sean John" -Big Sean

It was only a matter of time. 6 months ago, majority used to swear by FF but even at that time Chrome was far better; people are gradually starting to find that out after moving to Chrome.

IE being number one is not a surprise. They were already ahead of the pack but I think their latest release IE9 which came with a great deal of improvements will help them to keep the lead.

I hate having too many browsers installed.

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    I had a streaming site and here are the top browsers visitors have visited the site with:

Counting since: 15 November 2010 / 07:33

Approx:

FIREFOX: 192,000
    CHROME: 139,950

^ Not too far away.

The rest are a combination of IE,Safari,etc

Similar to mine.

Chrome is in a strong 4th.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information