Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6793 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Peer2Mail (P2M) - Tutorial for Beginners

If you prefer video, please goto the following website. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9U4JHWiN5Y

Description: Peer2Mail is the first software that lets you store and share files on any web-mail account. If you have a web mail account with large storage space, you can use P2M to store files on it. Web-mail providers such as Gmail (Google Mail), Walla!, Yahoo and more, provide storage space that ranges from 100MB to 3GB.
    P2M splits the file you want to share/store zips and encrypts it. P2M then sends the file segments one by one to your account. Once P2M uploaded all file segments, you can download them and use P2M to merge the segments back to the original file.
    Peer2Mail is 100% FREE.

Peer2Mail gives you the ability to store files on any web-mail account.You can access and download those files from any computer.

You can share files with your friends and family.Just create an email account, upload files to it, and give access to your family and friends.

Make your mail account safe by sharing an encrypted password; Giving your friends restricted access.Each segment is encrypted using AES algorithm to protect your privacy.

Auto download makes your email account act like a regular ftp/http server.Download files at amazing speeds!

Peer2Mail automatically zips each segment;This way you save precious storage space on your web-mail account.

Peer2Mail has a built in SMTP component, so you can directly send files without a need for an SMTP server.If you wish, Peer2Mail can send files using your Outlook client.

Peer2Mail does not contain spyware and its 100% free! *

File size: 1MB

License: Free

Minimum Requirements: Windows 98/Me/XP/2000/NT

Uninstaller included?: Yes

Version: 1.60 Build #11

Release Date: 03/16/2006

Encryption Password Style: (|2tNbR2tFUgJBUToSi+rRoCOMuUOkhx0F|)

The Interface :

1) Choose email service provider.
    2) Fill the field Username with the shared login and the field Password with the shared encrypted password.
    3) Click Sign in.

The Email View :

4) Click on The Market Icon to start segments listing.

Downloading From Email:

5) Select the desired files and click on the Download Button to start the download progress.

6) Wait until it finishes All The Process for automatic file merging. (Remember that sometimes you will need a password for file merging.This password must be put on the Decryption Password (optional) field when downloading the files.)

Manual Merging Option :

Select Tools > Merge File ...

warzone Reviewed by warzone on . Peer2Mail (P2M) - Tutorial for Beginners If you prefer video, please goto the following website. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9U4JHWiN5Y http://www.besthostingforums.com/images/cdn/besthostingforums.com/2008/05/1.gif Description: Peer2Mail is the first software that lets you store and share files on any web-mail account. If you have a web mail account with large storage space, you can use P2M to store files on it. Web-mail providers such as Gmail (Google Mail), Walla!, Yahoo and more, provide storage space that ranges from Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

The reason I posted this tutorial is because I was addicted to p2p like bearshare and shareaza back in the day, until one day i signed up on warezbb (original) where guys like bento and peepz uploaded to P2M. It was a brand new back then and now its too old to mention I guess. This provided means of uploading to emails and downloading them via encrypted methods. Since these were straight off google, microsoft and yahoo servers, speeds exceeded everyone's expectations. Thats kinda what pulled me into the warez scene. Then, projectw was for rebels and ofcourse with the demise of wbb, it got owned by pw. That was all good and with due course in time, like good ol' fashioned FTP's, everyone has moved over the method of sharing. Just wanted to post to say, it existed and prolly was the fastest. Most optimal for the free user but ofcourse rapidshare has trumped us all. Ofcourse, now FTP's are exclusive to VIP's only, on most forums and P2M has met its death. I still miss those wild days......

Thread Information