Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6858 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default delete Vista from Acer Pc and install xp??

Hello guys well im getting my new pc tomo from acer and basicaly it comes with vista on it which i really hate and i want to install xp as i kknow my way around it..

But would it be simple reformat or do i have to do something else as i see acer has it own programs and windows :/

Please help
    Storming Reviewed by Storming on . delete Vista from Acer Pc and install xp?? Hello guys well im getting my new pc tomo from acer and basicaly it comes with vista on it which i really hate and i want to install xp as i kknow my way around it.. But would it be simple reformat or do i have to do something else as i see acer has it own programs and windows :/ Please help <3 Rating: 5
    It's amazing, being in a community can cause hate. Competitors or not - DDOS isn't cool :)

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    WRZhost.com WExplain.com
    format,install xp and download xp drivers for your laptop hardware
    you can also install linux and run vmware
    Any questions? Want to make money?My Online Marketing Forum
    WRZhost offshore hosting! Still the best offshore hosting after 7 years! Hongkong,Russia,NL,Germany

Respected Developer
    Its pretty simple indeed.

1) Download the XP Pro SP3 (or 2) ISO
    2) Burn the ISO to a CD at the lowest possible burning speed (reduces chance of data corruption etc)
    3) Take a backup of the stuff you need
    4) Reboot the PC with the XP CD in your drive
    5) PC should boot from the CD. Follow the installation instructions

Via the installer you will be able to quick-format your harddrive. Format the Vista partition and just follow the rest of the instruction. It's pretty straight forward.

If your PC doesn't boot the XP CD you will most likely need to change the boot device priority in your BIOS setting. I'm not gonna get into that detail because BIOS's can differ a lot. Especially with laptops.

Edit:

Whoops, didn't read the OP well enough. Acer doesn't make its own Windows, they just alter a few things. Installing XP on the laptop should be no problem at all and as simple as installing it on a no-brand PC.

Also if your not using a PS2 keyboard you will have to configure your BIOS to allow USB keyboards.

Ive got my new pc today, Think ill try vista for a bit but im just to used to xp for god sake! lol

Thanks for the support guys
    It's amazing, being in a community can cause hate. Competitors or not - DDOS isn't cool :)

i like vista. hated it when i first got it coz i was used to xp but now i prefer vista to xp.

It can be annoying though when almost all programs say that you have to have admin rights to install but you get used to that.

Thread Information