Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6750 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com

Default Howto Become a Successful VPS Reseller

Learning how to become a successful VPS resellers

Written By: Robert Foster

Content Index

1. Introduction.
    2. Merchant accounts.(PayPal, AlertPay, and 2Checkout).
    3. Choosing the right hosting provider's to resell for.
    4. Choosing the right billing center to use on your hosting site.
    5. Keeping your resellers account in Good Standing with the provider's.
    6. Learning about Control Panels (cPanel, Directadmin, and Kloxo).
    7. Learning about VPS Panels (VePortal, SolusVM, and HyperVM).

1.Introduction
    Before we get started I'll like to introduce myself my name is Robert Foster, I'm 24 of age I’m the owner of resoldvps.com which is mainly nothing but us reselling vps servers from many provider's.

2.Merchant Account's
    Lets go over purchasing or getting an Merchant Accounts as there are many ways to obtain a Merchant account.

1.First way to obtain a merchant account is by Signing up for PayPal. Howsoever, PayPal is very user friendly but they don't have a fraud system in place to catch fraudulent credit cards. I recommend you never to accept Credit Cards through PayPal only accept PayPal Balance through your PayPal account.

Bad Ideal's - If your Country/State isn't listed on PayPal don't signup for it just because you want to accept PayPal Payments on your website.

2.Second way to obtain a merchant account is by Signing up for AlertPay. Howsoever, AlertPay is very user friendly but they do have a fraud system in place to catch fraudulent credit cards users by having a Telephone Verification System in placed when accepting credit cards. Howsoever, AlertPay requires all sellers to have there website approved before they can start to accepting Credit Cards on there website but before you send your website for review to AlertPay make sure you've a DMCA Policy, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Services, Report Abuse, and Refund Policy on your website as AlertPay will deny your website if this information isn't showing on your website.

Good Ideal's – As far has I know most Country/State are accepted by AlertPay which allows you to receive funds from your client's whom have purchased services from you. I recommend you going this way if PayPal doesn't have your Country/State listed on there signup form.

1. Third way to obtain a merchant account is by Signing up for 2Checkout account which isn't free it requires you to pay onetime fee of $49.00 which is mainly an application fee. Howsoever, 2checkout is very user friendly but they do have a fraud system in place to catch fraudulent credit cards & PayPal users. Once again just like AlertPay 2Checkout requires your website to be verified but before you pay for your application at 2Checkout make sure you've a DMCA Policy, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Services, Report Abuse, and Refund Policy on your website as 2Checkout will deny your website if this information isn't showing on your website.

Good Ideal's – As far has I know most Country/State are accepted by 2Checkout which allows you to receive funds from your client's whom have purchased services from you. I recommend you going this way if you're waiting to accept PayPal when your Country/State isn't listed on there signup form or if you just wanting accept Credit Card Payments from your clients by using 2Checkout as this is the most safest option to use then PayPal the second best option would be AlertPay to accept Credit Card payments.

Choosing The Right Provider's
    Before you choose any provider's to resell for there is something you should know it's not easy choosing the right provider. You're in luck today as I'll give you a few tips of what I've learned over the past 3 years as a vps resellers.

1. Do a research on the company see how long they've been in business check Google and other website such as Webhostingtalk.com and see if any positive or bad reviews have been posted about the provider's. Just cause someone posted a bad review about the site doesn't mean you'll experiences bad services as sometimes some user who've been caught with illegal content on there site will make a negative review about the provider's after he/she has been suspended.
    2. Take a look over the company Refund Policy, Privacy Policy, and Terms Of Services. This is a step I recommend you to do as this will give you an ideal of what you can put and your own Terms Of Services including your Refund Policy.
    3. Test out Customer Service support by timing an seeing how long it takes for them to reply to your ticket
    4. ( Don't use Live Chat), as this will be mostly be offline sometimes. Ask as many question you can if possible including question you may already know the answer to this help's you determine the knowledge of there Support Tech Staff. Tip's – Keep track of what time you submitted the tickets at using your timezone, also keep track of how long it takes them to respond to your question some sales department are closed on weekends so it may take longer to get a respond just be patience.
    5. Ask question about do have a discount program setup to were you can sell there vps servers at your website to offer them to your clients. Must provider's do already have this system placed if you don't see nothing about reselling vps servers I recommend that you submit a support ticket about it in see if they do allow it.
    6. Take the first risk yourself by purchasing services from that provider you're wanting to resell for set up and installed Apache in monitored the test server you've with them for about 3 to 4 weeks before you make your final decision .

Most important step of all is being very respectful, to the hosting provider's who you're wanting to resell for don't get angry cause your tickets are answered very slowly, you've remember they do have other peoples beside you to help you're not just the only customer.

Choosing The Right Billing Center

“WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses. Handling everything from signup to termination, WHMCS is a powerful business automation tool that puts you firmly in control” – Matt, WHMCS Founder/Lead Developer

ClientExec is another choice when it comes to a billing system. Having a wide-selection of plugins and features, ClientExec can integrate with almost any control panel that you are currently using. Additionally, the intuitive interface of ClientExec allows you easily navigate around the billing system.

Keeping your resellers account in Good Standing with the provider's.

1.Always add funds into your account so that you can pay client's invoices instantly / including paying for new vps services to be setup this were you can still be-able to refund a client at anytime if needing to. As starting off funds I recommend adding $25.00 to each of your billing accounts as the vps provider's you’re reselling for this will help you get started.

2.If your balance fails below the minimum of $25.00 add more funds if you've the ability to at that time you've fallen below the minimum amount of $25.00. I recommend that you mark that service as sold out for the provider you've a lower balance for as this will help you keep track in the long run of what services you need to add more funds to when you get a chance.

Learning about Control Panels

• cPanel? - is designed for the end users of your system and allows them to control everything from adding / removing email accounts to administering MySQL databases. WHM? allows you to but is not limited to administering individual accounts, reseller accounts & performing basic system & control panel maintenance via a secure interface. For a complete list of features including screen shots of cPanel?/WHM?, please click here.

• DirectAdmin™ - is the simplest solution for running servers with resellers and/or virtual domains. The software provides you with web based interfaces and endless solutions for the server owner, reseller, and/or end-users. DirectAdmin™ is the next generation in server stability for web hosting control panel systems. This control panel is the fastest in the industry, and the easiest to use. DirectAdmin™ contains all the operational necessities with it's web based interface (GUI), without having an overwhelming amount of features to confuse the server administrator.

DirectAdmin™ is designed for the end users of your system and allows them to control everything from adding / removing email accounts to administering MySQL databases. For a comprehensive list of DirectAdmin™ features, please click here.

Kloxo allows the host administrators to run a combination of lighttpd or Apache with djbdns or bind, and provides a graphical interface to switch between these programs without losing data. Kloxo Enterprise can transparently move web/mail/dns from one server running Apache to another running lighttpd. It is also known as a good free alternative to cPanel hosting control panel.

Learning About VPS Panel
    vePortal - is an industry leading virtual environment control panel, combining a user friendly, fully customizable client interface, with a state of the art administration facility. The aim of vePortal from day one has never changed. sticking to our original concept, "Simple yet Functional", vePortal takes only a few very brief commands to install. Following such, managing a vePortal Server Node is just as simple!http://www.veportal.com/veportal-tour.html

SolusVM - Solus Virtual Manager (SolusVM) is a powerful GUI based VPS management system with full OpenVZ, Linux KVM, Xen Paravirtualization and Xen HVM support. SolusVM allows you and your clients to manage a VPS cluster with security & ease. http://solusvm.com/features.php

HyperVM is a multi-tiered, multi-server, multi-virtualization software product allowing a VPS vendor to provision, manage and delegate Xen or OpenVZ based virtual private servers. HyperVM also comes integrated with Kloxo hosting control panel which means that, using HyperVM, the provider can deploy a full fledged web hosting system out-of-the-box. HyperVM also allows users to manage VPS' across multiple servers transparently: it provides a mechanism to manage their networking configuration (IP address, gateway) from the control panel itself, and has a full-fledged IP address pool to facilitate large scale management.
    http://lxcenter.org/software/hypervm
    robert420 Reviewed by robert420 on . Howto Become a Successful VPS Reseller Learning how to become a successful VPS resellers Written By: Robert Foster Content Index Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It?s a good way to start but if you really want to provide a reliable product will must to read & learn more
    KWWHunction | [✔] 1K Posts

Banned
    Website's:
    dotvps.net
    Third way to obtain a merchant account is by Signing up for 2Checkout account which isn't free it requires you to pay onetime fee of $49.00 which is mainly an application fee. Howsoever, 2checkout is very user friendly but they do have a fraud system in place to catch fraudulent credit cards & PayPal users. Once again just like AlertPay 2Checkout requires your website to be verified but before you pay for your application at 2Checkout make sure you've a DMCA Policy, Privacy Policy, Terms Of Services, Report Abuse, and Refund Policy on your website as 2Checkout will deny your website if this information isn't showing on your website.

We have partnered with 2Checkout to be able to bring a great offer to WHMCS users. As a WHMCS user, you can get FREE account setup instead of the usual $49 USD signup fee. To take advantage of this special offer, simply click on the button below and login to our client area to obtain the code needed to enter when registering @

http://www.whmcs.com/members/2cooffer.php

robert420 very nice thread

Great thread to bring in new people.

"Put her hands down my pants now she rocking Sean John" -Big Sean

Website's:
    google.com
    really nice info mate :cheers:
    My Avatar is 100% Me.

yeah, and work more and more on quality

mmm mmm!
    Thank you for sharing, Robert.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    LotOfTalks.com
    Thanks for the share mate

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Very well written

Thanks robert420

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information