Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6646 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad to know!

If the Dedi/VPS is on Windows you use remote desktop connection (just like RDP)

If it's Linux based, you need to enter SSH in Terminal to get around. Cheaper on bandwidth. You need to know Linux Terminal otherwise it's just a pain in ass!

Well, I'm not really sure, but I guess that might help a bit. Although the net speed is mainly why the lag is present!

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    @OP dont get confused between RDP and Dedicated server.

rdp is a protocol,like http,ftp etc.Its used to exchange information using a well defined "protocol" . What you call RDP is infact a dedicated server in which user accounts have been created.You login to that server using your account details using RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol).

You can use rdp to connect to your winvps,shared dedi or your dedi as well.

Linux VPS can have a gui too.install gnome(or ask your host).You can then login via teamviewer or something.

If you wanna download scene tv shows in say 1min of it being released,get a vps for around 25$ a month in the NL. Its got great speeds for torrent download as majority of seeders are present either in NL/FR = great peering.
    its got decent uplink to the majority of the filehost.

Quote Originally Posted by CryoSpectre View Post
    Glad to know!

If the Dedi/VPS is on Windows you use remote desktop connection (just like RDP)

If it's Linux based, you need to enter SSH in Terminal to get around. Cheaper on bandwidth. You need to know Linux Terminal otherwise it's just a pain in ass!

Well, I'm not really sure, but I guess that might help a bit. Although the net speed is mainly why the lag is present!
    Quote Originally Posted by sceneguy View Post
    @OP dont get confused between RDP and Dedicated server.

rdp is a protocol,like http,ftp etc.Its used to exchange information using a well defined "protocol" . What you call RDP is infact a dedicated server in which user accounts have been created.You login to that server using your account details using RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol).

You can use rdp to connect to your winvps,shared dedi or your dedi as well.

Linux VPS can have a gui too.install gnome(or ask your host).You can then login via teamviewer or something.

If you wanna download scene tv shows in say 1min of it being released,get a vps for around 25$ a month in the NL. Its got great speeds for torrent download as majority of seeders are present either in NL/FR = great peering.
    its got decent uplink to the majority of the filehost.
    thanks a ton to both of you mates,

solved all my doubts

Website's:
    VaporHostn.com
    well most of the questions been answered. but you should have a good ratio buffer first before you download off those private trackers like crazy. that way you don't have to worry about having a crappy ratio and getting banned if whatever you're seeding isn't seeding fast/enough. that could be due to low demand of that particular file. i must say that rdps have a lot of restrictions. for instance, most of the hosts out there only allow 4-5 torrent seeding. while a dedicated server you can have as much as you want. just my 2cents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information