Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61323 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

mmm mmm!

Default Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace To Google: Don't Be Evil

Over the weekend, Blake Ross, Facebook's product director and co-founder of Firefox, worked with Facebook engineers Tom Occhino and Marshall Roch to demonstrate how evil they think Google's newly launched Search plus Your World (SPYW) feature really is, and created a 'proof of concept' showing how it should really work. His team got some help from Twitter engineers and Myspace engineers, and consulted other social networks as well to really make sure the message hits home: SPYW should surface results from all social networks, not just Google+. By leveraging Google's own algorithms, the group built a bookmarklet called 'don't be evil' (a jab at Google's informal motto) and released it on a new website named Focus on the User.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/f...t-be-evil/7908
    https://www.focusontheuser.org/
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace To Google: Don't Be Evil Over the weekend, Blake Ross, Facebook's product director and co-founder of Firefox, worked with Facebook engineers Tom Occhino and Marshall Roch to demonstrate how evil they think Google's newly launched Search plus Your World (SPYW) feature really is, and created a 'proof of concept' showing how it should really work. His team got some help from Twitter engineers and Myspace engineers, and consulted other social networks as well to really make sure the message hits home: SPYW should surface Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    FlowForums.com
    LoL the WWW is turning into an all out war!

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    I like that widget

Website's:
    ihide.info
    facebook should make their own search if they are so butthurt.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Thread Information