Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61069 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amz View Post
    I think the feds are going to leave Mediafire and the other hosts alone. What they did with Megaupload might just be to scare the other hosts and keep them on their guard, and it's working (hint: Filesonic and Uploaded.to).

Even if such a crackdown occurs Mediafire would be the last host they would think of targeting as it's much less used, comparatively. And even if people use it for hosting warez, there must be an equal number of people who use it for legal purposes.
    Well and too, Mediafire didn't pay anyone anything. I posted there to keep some sense of the old free scene. Give back to the scene what they, the crackers, gave freely to you since the middle '90's. All was like the mountain climbers - just to see if it can be done. And if so...then share it. Kind of a mental boost. It was good to feel you were appreciated. It was a game. It was a hobby. But it was never about money. When that entered the scene - the real scene got very corrupted.

Maybe, just maybe those old days which I remember well, will be back with us...guess it all is left on us old timers to steer it back. It is not about money, nor should it be!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
    Their upload limit is just 200MB which sux. Atleast it should be 1GB around.
    Are you ?
    U can download how many files u want from them & parallel downloads.

3.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    If the upload speeds were better, MF would be my host of choice.

Awesome response from MF!
    Screwed

mmm mmm!
    "We try to steer clear of things that would attract scrutiny," Labian said. "If people are pirating on our service, we don’t want those people to use it."

So what you're openly admitting is that you just don't know the extent of piracy on your service? I probably would have said "no comment" rather than risk the Eye of Sauron ... er RIAA/MPAA's gaze. From what I gather, it could 0% it could be 100% of your service based on pirates sharing files with each other but since you don't know it's okay? Unless you have some sort of Youtube-like fingerprinting going on, I'd just keep your mouth shut.

Another reason Labian said he wasn’t worried about the government stepping in is because the company maintains a "good relationship" with various government bodies, including "Homeland Security, ICE, and the FBI."

Right but those are just the enforcers, your real problem is the MPAA and unless you're paying elected officials more than they are you could be next.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    sceneaccess.org forumophilia.com warez-bb.org
    MF & RS Will On.

mediafire is simply awesome

Respected Member
    Another reason Labian said he wasn’t worried about the government stepping in is because the company maintains a "good relationship" with various government bodies, including "Homeland Security, ICE, and the FBI."
    !!
    Mediafire maintains a good relation with the FBI ? ??

Website's:
    allgames2k.com games2k.me Moviesondownload.com
    Mediafire Will be alone left in the End!
    Adspots on Allgames2k.Com - 6000 U/V. PM ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Froomple View Post
    !!
    Mediafire maintains a good relation with the FBI ? ??

Physical ??
    Screwed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information