Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6882 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Help me to find the right remote windows solution for me

Hi. I'm a newbie subber/ video uploader.
    I'm looking for a way to speed up my uploading process as my ADSL is just a pain in the neck when it comes to uploading large files.

What I do:
    I download certain asian TV shows from torrent. (2 shows per week so far)
    I make subtitles for the shows and encode them with the subtitle using virtualdub.
    I usually split the big file into parts for easier uploading using video splitter software.
    I upload one big file and splitted videos to video streaming sites like youtube or dailymotion and also Filehosting sites like mediafire or rapidshare.
    Now it takes forever to upload the subtitled videos to various sites.

My requirement
    I don't expect to be able to do all that remotely. (all the hosting sites prohibit torrents)
    But I was wondering what solution I should use to speed up the uploading process.
    I would need about 10GB disk space.
    My monthly bandwidth requirement would be less than 100Gb.
    I just want to be able to upload to all those sites faster than 100kb/sec.
    But I'll be able to install a small video splitter program on the remote server.
    (Because otherwise I have to upload both the big file and small chunks to the remote server)

I've heard about RDP hosting and windows VPS.
    I've heard that I need to ask the administrator to install any program on RDP machine but with VPS I don't have to. However my budget is very limited. $15 / month.
    Is there any solution that will allow me to do all this under budget?
    Thanks in advance.

Additional question: Do I need to buy a windows license and install on the server myself or does the VPS account comes with one? Sorry for such a noob qs
    flytothemoon Reviewed by flytothemoon on . Help me to find the right remote windows solution for me Hi. I'm a newbie subber/ video uploader. :) I'm looking for a way to speed up my uploading process as my ADSL is just a pain in the neck when it comes to uploading large files. What I do: I download certain asian TV shows from torrent. (2 shows per week so far) I make subtitles for the shows and encode them with the subtitle using virtualdub. I usually split the big file into parts for easier uploading using video splitter software. I upload one big file and splitted videos to video Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    AnimeTiTanZ.NeT
    you can go with resoldvps I was with them and they are great but the only problem is that the port is 100 mb/s which mean at most 10 mb per second it will at least 2 MB/s . the starter plan from 7.95 $ / Month .
    .&&. hope that help you .&&.

Hi, haytham_12_12
    Thanks for your reply! It sounds perfect for my need except all their VPS are now out of stock (except extra large plan).
    But thanks for your help.

Banned
    Maybe 4goodhosting.com Windows VPS hosting will be fine for you.
    Contact their friendly support to get to know more.

Thanks filat for your suggestion but I think their price a little to steep for me.
    So do you think VPS rather than RDP is the way to go?
    Anyways, do you guys have know any other other affordable windows VPS hosting sites? I need one in a hurry.

Thread Information