Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6804 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    gamato.biz linkplz.info

Smile How can i disable live links ?

hi everyone,
    I have a question about my forum and i hope to help me.
    How can i disable live links ?
    When a member creates a post/topic with a link as text, (or inside a [code] )and then he tries to edit his post/topic, the text link transform to live link, and then he must enter the links from the start. How can i disable/fix this?

my forums is ipboard 3.2.2

thnx for your help
    archmak Reviewed by archmak on . How can i disable live links ? hi everyone, I have a question about my forum and i hope to help me. How can i disable live links ? When a member creates a post/topic with a link as text, (or inside a )and then he tries to edit his post/topic, the text link transform to live link, and then he must enter the links from the start. How can i disable/fix this? my forums is ipboard 3.2.2 thnx for your help :) Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    One way is to play around and test whats called Whitelist/Blacklist found in the ACP/System Settings/Forums/Topics, Posts and Polls/URL Filtering Options.

Good luck...

Website's:
    gamato.biz linkplz.info
    Thank you for your help, but "blacklist" didnt solve my problem. If i put the links in "blacklist" it disallow the posting of the links. I just want to disable URL truncating in posts and then to disable the convertion from text to live links. Its a problem if you have a warez site

For the disable URL truncating in posts i think i can use this "(Wolfie) Disable URL Truncating in posts" but i can not find a download link.

thanx for your help again and sorry for my english

Respected Member
    Unfortunately that is the new ckeditor IPS has chosen to use. Many have complained about it to IPS but they refuse to change the editor as it is a third party editor.

I have not seen any fixes around. I a not sure wolfies mod will help with the live link part.

Website's:
    gamato.biz linkplz.info
    thank you
    does this "problem" solved in the 3.2.3 version ?

Respected Member
    No it is the same. IPS said not changing it. Sone will have to edit ckeditor to fix it.

Website's:
    gamato.biz linkplz.info
    Ok, thnx for your time

Another way is to add automaticaly all links to CODE tag on topics and posts

Open: /admin/sources/classes/bbcode/custom/defaults.php

FIND:
    Code: 
    return "<a href='{$option}' class='bbc_url' title='{$_title}'{$rel}>{$content}</a>";
    REPLACE WITH:
    Code: 
    return "<pre class='prettyprint'>{$option}</pre>";

Have fun

Thread Information