You may have noticed a lot of infractions are being given out lately for misusing the word, "scam." These infractions will continue to be issued and could possibly have you banned. Here's why.

The term "scam" has become grossly overused here at KWWHunction. More often then not, even used in the incorrect context. I'm probably underestimating, but at least 97% of the threads/posts here with the word "scam" did not need to be made or could have used other words.

I, in all honestly do not believe many of you know how serious of a word that is, and what kind of damage posting a scam warning on KWWH can do to a company. It's like calling out a child molester in your neighborhood. Nobody will want to go near the guy. Once Google picks up the thread anyway.

You cannot take back what you post on the internet. Look at the shoutbox. People are always posting screenshots of stuff people have said.

File Hosts
File hosts not paying you is not a scam - end of story. Read the terms of services. I don't care if they've paid you for years. Their terms of services gives them the right not to pay you when you upload illegal material. It sucks, but life goes on. Most -if not all- would not risk their business just to make sure you get paid for theft.

How to use different words to get your point across

Example:

"Is XYZ web hosting service a scam?"
When opening most threads with this title, the poster usually goes on to ask about uptime or support. WTF kind of thread title is that?

Instead try:

"Any reviews on XYZ web hosting service?"

"How is XYZ web hosting service?"

"Has anyone had any issues with XYZ web hosting services?"

So you have just been scammed by another member, eh?
Well that sucks, but hey, life happens. Think back along the way. Did it seem too good to be true? Were you doing something against the rules of KWWHunction? We have banned services/products for a reason.

Get all the proof you have. Gather it up and do this:
  • Do not make a thread!
  • Not every user is online every day. Have you given them a week or so to respond? Maybe they had a family emergency. Just because they went offline after a payment was sent and have not been on for a few days does not mean you were scammed
  • Have you checked your IM, PMs, email, spam, ect?
  • Click "Community" in the header bar, then "Report Issue."
  • From there, we will let you know if you should make a thread

How do I recognize scams?
  • The offer is too good to be true
  • It's against KWWHunction rules (money exchanges, premium account sales, ect.)
  • The user/site has bad feedback
  • Google reviews on the product/service first
  • Check the whois info to see if it is real/hidden
  • Unlimited web hosting does not exist
  • Has the company been in business very long? Is it even a registered company?
  • Are you being pushed to act fast? If so, that's being done so you do not have time to think things through
  • Was the offer unsolicited? Or maybe through a private PM? A private offer gives less opportunity for others to step in and tell you you're crazy if you do it
  • Promised an unrealistic amount of money? Don't let greed block your brain from thinking
  • They promote huge profits for little effort. If you believe it's easy to make money online, you've never made money online

Summary
  • You were probably not scammed
  • Wait. Do not act right away. Give the person time to respond. Try to contact the seller/company a few times. Maybe the person is ill, had a accident, family emergency, ect
  • Do not make a thread or post about it without permission (infraction and/or ban will follow for doing this)
  • Contact a moderator
Jesse Reviewed by Jesse on . New Rule: Using The Word "Scam" In Threads/Posts You may have noticed a lot of infractions are being given out lately for misusing the word, "scam." These infractions will continue to be issued and could possibly have you banned. Here's why. The term "scam" has become grossly overused here at KWWHunction. More often then not, even used in the incorrect context. I'm probably underestimating, but at least 97% of the threads/posts here with the word "scam" did not need to be made or could have used other words. I, in all honestly do not Rating: 5