Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6755 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    freakyworld.net

Default Safe to buy hosting via Credit Card

Hi

Was wondering if its safe to buy hosting via Credit Card or is their any risk involved ?

Although it says :-

This Web site is secured with a GoDaddy.com Web Server Certificate. Transactions on the site are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption.
    Still need to be ensured as i will be using my friend's CC.
    vorazeal Reviewed by vorazeal on . Safe to buy hosting via Credit Card Hi Was wondering if its safe to buy hosting via Credit Card or is their any risk involved ? Although it says :- Still need to be ensured as i will be using my friend's CC. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    iFunMaza.com
    list preferred! (i won't say every hos is a scam or steal CC's)
    Alternatively you can add funds to your Paypal via CC and can use em

FB - http://www.facebook.com/IfunMaza
    Twitter - twitter.com/#!/iFunMaza

Website's:
    freakyworld.net
    i can't, as my friend doesn't want to use Paypal.

BTW, it has geniune WHMCS, so transaction would be via it, i assume ? so would it be safe ?

Banned
    Website's:
    worldwidexs.com worldwidexs.com.au twitbees.com
    When you are using paypal / 2checkout / alertpay yes is safe to use creditcard.
    We do not accept offline creditcard payment.

You can always be hacked and then clients creditcard are on internet.
    So use creditcard on other payment is safe.

Banned
    Website's:
    ProSpeedHost.com ProSpeedHost.net BlazingVPS.net ShoutCastRadios.com ShoutCastUK.co.uk CheapShoutcast.co.uk
    id strongly advise taking the Paypal route, much safer. does the host in question advertise, or use this site in anyway? if so look for reviews this will tell you if past members trust there services etc may give you an idea.

Website's:
    freakyworld.net
    this is the host :-

http://webhostdaddy.com/

I have been using their shared and leech from more than a year, i do trust them.

But question remains, is their any logs that remains via CC payment in WHMCS, is their any way to misuse them /?

Its my friends' CC, so i had to ask

Banned
    Website's:
    ProSpeedHost.com ProSpeedHost.net BlazingVPS.net ShoutCastRadios.com ShoutCastUK.co.uk CheapShoutcast.co.uk
    if you trust them, and they have always been loyal to you then i can't see why it should be a problem, if your that worried about it have your friend make sure he has protection against fraud on his card (most cards come with it) and keep an eye on his statements.

Website's:
    freakyworld.net
    well, yeah i do trust them, but their lies another question.

If their is reliable hosting and suppose that it is hacked, than hackers will have access to it.

Now if that is so, probability does say yes, than do hacker manage to decrypt the logs ( i hope WHMCS encrypts the CC data ), are we in a problem ?

This is a general issue.

Website's:
    webhostdaddy.com
    Quote Originally Posted by vorazeal View Post
    well, yeah i do trust them, but their lies another question.

If their is reliable hosting and suppose that it is hacked, than hackers will have access to it.

Now if that is so, probability does say yes, than do hacker manage to decrypt the logs ( i hope WHMCS encrypts the CC data ), are we in a problem ?

This is a general issue.
    Glad to hear that you trust us, just to clear few things about WHMCS(the billing system we use).
    we never force you to store your credit card details and if you store it and change your mind later then you can remove it anytime from your client area.

will there be any logs after you remove it?
    No, once you remove the credit card then there is no way any staff member can see your credit card number via logs. Logs have store information regarding transactions only.

what if system is hacked?
    We take every possible steps to avoid hack attempt, however no system is 100% secure. credit card numbers are always encrypted by a unique key which is created during WHMCS(billing system) installation. Even staff/admins can't see full credit card numbers in admin area and they only see last four digits.

I personally recommend all our clients to use PayPal or Alertpay because if you use credit card then you have to go through our verification process which requires scanned copy of credit card and photo id.

I prefer to buy from namecheap.com and use Paypal as the payment gateway

Thread Information