Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6881 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default DMCA safe harbor question

Hey folks,

Got two questions for yo!

http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/
    In order to qualify for safe harbor protection, a service provider who hosts content must:

• have no knowledge of, or financial benefit from, infringing activity on its network
    • have a copyright policy and provide proper notification of that policy to its subscribers
    • list an agent to deal with copyright complaints
    "list an agent to deal with copyright complaints" - Many sites don't have an agent yet still have a DMCA policy saying they are under safe harbor... so is it actually required? if it is required... where can I get an agent and for what cost?

Secondly, how can I make a legal copyright page (i noticed some sites copy/paste others but that's not legal right?) who do I contact & how do I contact them?

Edit: Can you force people to send a DMCA takedown via online form rather than email you?

Thanks lovers,
    Putin
    Putin Reviewed by Putin on . DMCA safe harbor question Hey folks, Got two questions for yo! :O http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/ "list an agent to deal with copyright complaints" - Many sites don't have an agent yet still have a DMCA policy saying they are under safe harbor... so is it actually required? if it is required... where can I get an agent and for what cost? Secondly, how can I make a legal copyright page (i noticed some sites copy/paste others but that's not legal right?) who do I contact & how do I contact them? Edit: Rating: 5

Made by Envee :P

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    There is no safe harbor. Megaupload can testify to this.

Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com
    You can find the form below at the website that would need to be filled out then mailed or faxed back an order to become a registered DMCA agent.

You can search google for register as a DMCA agent

You'll get a click on the copyright (.gov)

Aslong as you comply with the DMCA in remove the following copyrighted file you shouldn't have any problems. This were megaupload made there mistakes at by not removing the files within a certain time frame even they had a registered DMCA agent but that didn't stop the FBI for going after them.

Banned
    If they want you down, they will find excuse to get you down. Safe harbor, unsafe harbor is immaterial.

Website's:
    IwebHostu.com Realitykings.com UseNext.com
    If anyone can't take you down, he will make DDOS to you.. To take you down.. Simple.
    Your site Down? You deserve it! You must be fall for any cheap Offer. Must Read the Rules - I love KWWH

Banned
    your site down

The more difficult you make you make it the more likely they are to contact your ISP.

Thread Information