Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6829 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Paypal, what can I do about this Credit Card chargeback settlement fee?

Hi guys,

Someone sent me ?81.00 for doing a web design. He had sent it from a hacked account. The money was sent via paypal.

I then had a chargeback saying the payment was unauthorised. So ok, I refund the amount.

But then paypal writes
    "The credit card company charged a settlement fee, and as a result, we
    debited your PayPal account to cover this fee. This is in accordance with
    the terms of the PayPal User Agreement."

And charges me "?15.19 GBP" for it!

What can I do. I definitely don't want to pay this shitty amount for something which I did not do wrong!
    Siruthuli Reviewed by Siruthuli on . Paypal, what can I do about this Credit Card chargeback settlement fee? Hi guys, Someone sent me ?81.00 for doing a web design. He had sent it from a hacked account. The money was sent via paypal. I then had a chargeback saying the payment was unauthorised. So ok, I refund the amount. But then paypal writes "The credit card company charged a settlement fee, and as a result, we debited your PayPal account to cover this fee. This is in accordance with the terms of the PayPal User Agreement." Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Pure Awesomeness!
    I don't think you can do anything about it, just be careful when you do business in the future.

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    These fees belong to the standard procedure for chargebacks. Only accept payments from Paypal balance.

Website's:
    tribupinoy.net pinoyddl.org
    what if you widraw all the money and nothing left in your PP? still they charge you back?

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    Yes, you will end up with a negative balance with a friendly request of Paypal to fill up your account.

My balance is in Negative. As you withdraw money, your address is correct. So if you close your account even, they will send you a letter and ask for the payment There is no way out. Only way, QUIT paypal for ever, they are the most unsafe payment processor for any seller online.

Website's:
    tribupinoy.net pinoyddl.org
    wtf! ok now i know.. thanks!

Website's:
    wscripts.net damnlolscript.com lulzjet.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffdog View Post
    These fees belong to the standard procedure for chargebacks. Only accept payments from Paypal balance.

How to accept only from paypal balance? How we know they use a credit card or not?

Banned
    Website's:
    worldwidexs.com.au
    Call up Paypal, and tell them what is the issue. Don't sound like a chicken and be a bit more like they did the wrong thing.

Sound furious about your money and tell them what actually happened.

Should help you.

Or else, nothing to do

Website's:
    pixbucket.in
    I will agree with occul..

Call them and try to solve this by phone not be emails or etc.You won't lose anything,you might gain.Although its hard as its a hacked account and they dont care about the balance..They care about the credit card that it was used..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information