Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6863 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gibalah View Post
    My account has been banned for 3 months.
    I asked them in their support system, listed all items and claimed I didn't violate each one.
    They just replied me the reason is excessively copyright materials sharing.
    I replied them I never got any DMCA and the strikes they said in their TOS, and the ticket got deleted (or hidden).
    Last month, 3 of my friends' backup-only account got banned, too.

They just ban members for fun.
    One thing you should consider before crying is that you're storing copyright materials. Unless you backup properly with passworded rar file and scramble filename then there is no reason for them not to ban you.

Mediafire has no captcha unlike other hosts and no wait time. To the others that only got 1 dcma. You most likely have files with same MD5 as someone else who received dcma.

I still have 200gb of backup, but there is no way it should be deleted as its not shared, but its rar with password and file names are not descriptive about content except to me.

@futureawesome

All files are encrypted by WinRAR, involving file headers, and all filenames are encoded.
    However, it's useless.
    Maybe it depends on how large capacity you have used.
    I stored 8TB there, and my friends are 2 ~ 3 TB in average (some of them have never shared their files).
    All our accounts were disabled.

3.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    SeeingMole.com
    I think they look at the amount of traffic your files are generating and the refer data which site the traffic are from. Any suspicious activities and you will get banned. All my files were also encrypted.

I'm also using megashares (with s) and no captcha, waiting time and resume support for free users and as far as I've seen, they've never deleted any files, especially if you're premium. (they clearly say files never expire for premium users).

Also premium downloads are super fast. When I need to get some files to my seedbox in luxembourg, I get 20-30 MB/s from megashares with only 1 connection/file.

@SeeingMole

Ohhh...
    I remeber that host. Some people ever disucussed it in the first page of megashre's thread:
    http://www.besthostingforums.com/95-...al-thread.html

So megashares is not simply jacked megashare's domain.
    They're trustworthy, running their site seriously. Is it right?
    hmm...interesting.

Website's:
    SeeingMole.com
    Yea of course. In fact, I've NEVER heard of megashare till I saw that thread here a while ago.

I think megashares has become much larger than megashare.

The only drawback is that they too got problems with Paypal, I think way back in february already and haven't paid anyone for months now. But the payment is just a small bonus for me. I'm more concerned about the files not being deleted and that they're easily downloaded.

I've downloaded TV shows in mkv & avi which were years old and the links still works.

@SeeingMole

Does it have any hourly download quota for free users?
    I found some turtorials described there was a concept called "passport".
    It looks like a kind of download limit for free users.
    Is it still existing?
    Due to my resources property, a set of them should be 1000MB x 25~50 in one post.
    If a free user can only download 1000MB/2hours, it will cause some complaints.

And regarding the search function, does it allow a user search other user's files?

Website's:
    SeeingMole.com
    Never used their search functions so can't tell.

All I know is that there's 2 GB limit, then 2 hour wait time (I think).

No idea what passport is.

Website's:
    CyberMania.org
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingMole View Post
    Yea of course. In fact, I've NEVER heard of megashare till I saw that thread here a while ago.

I think megashares has become much larger than megashare.

The only drawback is that they too got problems with Paypal, I think way back in february already and haven't paid anyone for months now. But the payment is just a small bonus for me. I'm more concerned about the files not being deleted and that they're easily downloaded.

I've downloaded TV shows in mkv & avi which were years old and the links still works.
    yea megashares is really good i downloaded several old movies on wbb via megashares

OK. Let MediaFire go to hell.
    I will use Hotfile + MegaShare + MegsShares as nonprofit sharing hosts instead, and use RapidShare + Hotfile as backup hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by futureawesome View Post
    One thing you should consider before crying is that you're storing copyright materials. Unless you backup properly with passworded rar file and scramble filename then there is no reason for them not to ban you.

Mediafire has no captcha unlike other hosts and no wait time. To the others that only got 1 dcma. You most likely have files with same MD5 as someone else who received dcma.

I still have 200gb of backup, but there is no way it should be deleted as its not shared, but its rar with password and file names are not descriptive about content except to me.
    Doing the same too now, also using a link mask against web spiders, and anon refer towards MF to avoid them tracking what site/s the downloaders come from. My files are all archived and MF links with password to avoid other grabbing them and the using them stupidly at least. This is the most I can do at the moment until I have a script similar to LinkHalt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information