Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6765 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default payment gateway for a Hong Kong company

Hello all,

I have been studying the site for a few days and very glad to have find this forum...

I am based in the UK and have a company in Hong Kong. Before reaching out to any payment gateway providers I wanted to find out if anyone knows whether I need to be a Hong Kong resident (as I am the company owner) in order to be approved? of course I have a registered company address virtual office phone number and so on in Hong Kong, but will also need to prove I personally live there?

Also, I would ideally like to go with a Hong Kong based payment gateway provider...

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this...
    pedtek Reviewed by pedtek on . payment gateway for a Hong Kong company Hello all, I have been studying the site for a few days and very glad to have find this forum... I am based in the UK and have a company in Hong Kong. Before reaching out to any payment gateway providers I wanted to find out if anyone knows whether I need to be a Hong Kong resident (as I am the company owner) in order to be approved? of course I have a registered company address virtual office phone number and so on in Hong Kong, but will also need to prove I personally live there? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It begins...
    My understanding is that you don't need to be a resident. Most payment processing gateways have different account levels (personal, business, etc). The business level is generally flexible and designed for businesses where the beneficial owners of said business may not always be residents of the country where the business is HQ'd/incorporated. This is especially true now given that Hong Kong and the likes are tax havens.

Paypal, for example, does not require that you be the resident of the country where your business is incorporated. They will require your ID proof, and proof of your company being actually incorporated, etc. But that is it. Your ID can be from the country you are in, which does not necessarily have to be Hong Kong. I personally believe this holds true for the likes of Webmoney, AlertPay, etc too.

Not too sure about any payment gateways that are HQ'd in Hong Kong though. Most I know of are in the US.

thank you very much for that..

if anyone knows of any hong kong based reliable online card processing companies I would be grateful if you could let me know..

Thanks

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    There are some CHINESE payment gateways but unless you and your customer speak Chinese and hold union pay cards, I wouldn't bother. And I know LifeTalk hasn't had the best of experiences but CarrotPay is based in Hong Kong, though they are not a gateway for Credit/Debit cards per se. They are really a 'stored value' type gateway.

Any particular need for an HK gateway? What's wrong with the ones in the UK? Or even the US?

Probation
    There are so many payment gateways are available for online payment. You can use merchantinc.com which is one of the secure as well as merchant friendly payment gateway that run your business with peace of mind with greater control over your funds.

Thread Information