Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6931 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Best way to transfer phpBB3 to another host

Hi I need some advise on how to transfer my phpbb3 forum to another host. I just want to make sure I do not loose any mods and messages I currently have.

So this is my plan, make a full backup of my board via ACP, install phpbb3 on my new host, restore from my saved configuration.

Is this possible? Will this copy everything like a mirror? (styles, thanks system etc)

I haven't done this before and I wanna make sure everything will be smooth during transition before I purchase from my new host.

Thanks !
    boybastos Reviewed by boybastos on . Best way to transfer phpBB3 to another host Hi I need some advise on how to transfer my phpbb3 forum to another host. I just want to make sure I do not loose any mods and messages I currently have. So this is my plan, make a full backup of my board via ACP, install phpbb3 on my new host, restore from my saved configuration. Is this possible? Will this copy everything like a mirror? (styles, thanks system etc) I haven't done this before and I wanna make sure everything will be smooth during transition before I purchase from my Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

no need to install phpbb3 again on a new host,

Either ask your new host to transfer your website from previous host to the new one or simply do it yourself, take full backup and then upload those files to your new host via cpanel.

I never tried it with ACP, But I think better to backup manually. download all files and MySQL dump and then upload all files and restore database.

I can do it for you, PM me if interested! It'll be a paid job

Website's:
    Pallindrome.org
    Login to your host panel (Many use Cpanel) , go to the backup wizard and then back up all the files and MYSQL database and save it to your hard-drive and then login to your new host and upload the files and database using the restore option and you are done !

Then change your nameservers to the new server.

Very simple.

If you face any problems then post in this thread or PM me I will help you

Thread Information