Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6810 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

I r Super Cop

Default How to redirect visitors to Country Specific Domains based on IP Address

I am working on a personal project which requires me to redirect domains based on visitors location (IP address). Example - Canadian visitor must be directed to domain.ca or UK visitor must be sent to domain.co.uk

I looked up google and all i managed to find is redirecting based on IP Ranges, this is a very tedious task and will take a lot of my time away. Also, i will have to keep updating the IP ranges as and when new IP ranges are added by a country.

Is there any better method to achieve what i want? Any software or script that can do this?

Your help will be appreciated. For a fact - I am only looking to do .com and .in as of now.

Thanks!
    Rox Reviewed by Rox on . How to redirect visitors to Country Specific Domains based on IP Address I am working on a personal project which requires me to redirect domains based on visitors location (IP address). Example - Canadian visitor must be directed to domain.ca or UK visitor must be sent to domain.co.uk I looked up google and all i managed to find is redirecting based on IP Ranges, this is a very tedious task and will take a lot of my time away. Also, i will have to keep updating the IP ranges as and when new IP ranges are added by a country. Is there any better method to Rating: 5
    Follow besthostingforums on FB

Looking for an Article Writer? Check out my services here.

2.   Sponsored Links

i think you can get this easily from ip2location database for $49/year

Respected Member
    There are some free sites that do this like http://www.selfseo.com/ip_to_country.php

Which can be called with curl problem is you never know when they will vanish.

I r Super Cop
    Can you shed more knowledge on curl call thing? I do not know how to do it.
    Follow besthostingforums on FB

Looking for an Article Writer? Check out my services here.

This site is using a hacked database of W junction
    Last edited by Gavo; 4th Jan 2015 at 02:00 PM.

Its better if you use Maxmind Geo-lite db + Nginx compiled with geoip module.

Thread Information