Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6856 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    I have been a PP user for a long time and was temp limited once because they picked up on an address change I failed to report.

The excuse was they wanted to be certain there was no fraud or ID theft.

I could not live without them because 1 of my legit online businesses relies heavily on them for payment processing. It is just to easy to loose a large segment of your sales/purchases without it.

They are not a bank and have much different rules then many financial institutions. They protect themselves before all others and co operate with LEOs.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    I have been a PP user for a long time and was temp limited once because they picked up on an address change I failed to report.

The excuse was they wanted to be certain there was no fraud or ID theft.
    Sadly not the case for me. The limit is 'permanent' and non disputable. They have not asked for any information. Just a straight limit.

I could not live without them because 1 of my legit online businesses relies heavily on them for payment processing. It is just to easy to loose a large segment of your sales/purchases without it.
    That suggests you do illegit stuff too . All of the work I am involved in is legit, including FileShoppe (it's not a normal file host. Its a platform to sell digital goods/files). 90% of my customers pay via Paypal, so it is is a big problem for me.

They are not a bank and have much different rules then many financial institutions. They protect themselves before all others and co operate with LEOs.
    But in this case I have no idea what they are protecting themselves against.

They put a strange reason for me too when they did the limitation, it said that I'm involved with a hosting site, that now not even exist (is gone for more than 2 months)

My paypal appeal got denied, I will not gave up, just sending them messages over and over till they give a real reason for the limitation.

Badly that we don't have here any person from paypal supporter like payza has

Just hoping they give my money back, I'm sure my customers will not open a dispute against me, I'm taking down all paypal buttons from my site, I'm a verified, have accurate informations, just don't see why they will not give my money back (is kinda a big sum).

Anyway, I'm working harder than before, to recover all my damages.

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Try refunding those payments in paypal and asking your customers to pay again via alternative means?

I dunno, I have a lot of payments of 7 dollars and 5 of 50, do they percep any fees for refunding?
    it is stated clear on my email from them that:

"Per the User Agreement, when PayPal permanently limits an account due to an
    Acceptable Use Policy violation, we may hold your funds up to 180 days. We
    will review your account at 30 days from the date of the limitation of your
    account, we will calculate our exposure and will release any excess funds
    to you for withdrawal. If there are any funds remaining in your account at
    this time, we will review your account every 30 days until either all your
    funds have been made available to you for withdrawal, or a period of 180
    days from the date your account was limited is reached. Please log in to
    your PayPal account and verify that your account information is accurate,
    as PayPal cannot be held responsible for incorrect information provided by
    the account holder."

It begins...
    Was lurking but I felt the need to chime in on this thread as I'm pretty sure I know what's going on.

When you say Paypal are a bunch of idiots, you're not wrong. Paypal, is basically playing to the strings of one guy; stopfilelockers.com

You lot probably don't follow him/his progress, but I do; out of interest, mostly. He tweeted only hours (or a day, tops) ago that he was going to get Paypal terminated for Fileshoppe and Carrot. Is it a mere co-incidence that Carrot's paypal was terminated the same time as FileShoppe? Clearly not. But that's not my point, as is obvious.

My point is very simple - you/the site were reported to Paypal by the guy behind SFL (Copy Control Pty Ltd is what they're operating out of now). Given his history, and probably the fact that he's got hold of someone at Paypal who has enough control, Paypal now dance to his whims, for the most part. They're quite anxious to cut down every business that is even remotely connected to filehosts/file hosting/content lockers, etc. And until someone actually starts pushing Paypal about what they're doing is wrong, there's not much hope.

To add to that, they're terminating mere resellers. It's so obvious, it's not even funny. A reseller is not a file host, but is being terminated because they're an 'accessory' which is completely wrong and unfair. But since when has Paypal been fair? A reseller does not offer any upload services, any download services, no user management, no links. Nothing. Yet it gets terminated citing AUP violations that contain NOTHING with regards to account reselling. By that definition, the next ones to go should be web hosts. Hostgator and the likes. Hostgator gives you an account where you can upload files, download them, share them with the world. They even have an affiliate system that encourages you to promote them and get other people to join (and potentially uploaded pirated content). Every web hosting company fits the definition of a content locker, quite literally. But only the content lockers and resellers (who don't even fall into the file hosting category) are being terminated.

Is Paypal really that stupid? Clearly not. So why then? The answer is so damn obvious.

Woopsie.. edit/add:

https://twitter.com/StopFileLockers/...70304040947713
    https://twitter.com/StopFileLockers/...73731747807232

Fileshoppe owner's 'unrelated' account gets terminated only hours after these two status updates. Co-incidentally, Carrot is terminated at the same time.

Website's:
    pixbucket.in
    You serious?That guy closed more than 200 paypal account in mere week.How is that possible when paypal (i believe) has to check each account for what its used for?Or they just with a click they close accounts?

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Hello LifeTalk,

I really do not think it is related. FileShoppe is not in any way related to the limited paypal account. There is virtually no connection, particularly with regards to payment. Even if Paypal were informed by this lunatic of FileShoppe's existence, I fail to see how they would connect the two together.

FileShoppe does not really fall into the category of a file locker. If it does, so does every other web host, and on-line service provide that offers any kind of online storage. When did CarrotPay's paypal get suspended?

This is absurd. FileShoppe is a system designed to let people sell their files online. Copyright material is clearly against our TOS/AUP and we have a very simple DMCA policy. Report, and we remove. SIMPLE! And we offer no incentive to 'share' files since we do not offer PPD or PPS programs.

This site is using a hacked database of W junction
    Last edited by Gavo; 4th Jan 2015 at 02:00 PM.

It begins...
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-Warez View Post
    You serious?That guy closed more than 200 paypal account in mere week.How is that possible when paypal (i believe) has to check each account for what its used for?Or they just with a click they close accounts?
    It literally takes the click of a button. I've talked to Paypal enough number of times on the phone over these last few years to know that. And I've spoken to them about this issue a fair few times now. They've given me a lot of bullshit which I know is not true. They've told me multiple times that every case is dealt with individually and that they are thorough in their investigations and what not.

However, even Paypal cannot complete an investigation only hours after a case is reported to them.. on a weekend! They're getting tired of all this, as is obvious. They want it to end because they won't risk their reputation getting tarnished. Now it's just a point and click. How else do you think the SFL guy 'just gets a whim' about who has been terminated and who has not? There's constant communication. OBVIOUSLY!

Quote Originally Posted by FShoppe
    Hello LifeTalk,

I really do not think it is related. FileShoppe is not in any way related to the limited paypal account. There is virtually no connection, particularly with regards to payment. Even if Paypal were informed by this lunatic of FileShoppe's existence, I fail to see how they would connect the two together.

FileShoppe does not really fall into the category of a file locker. If it does, so does every other web host, and on-line service provide that offers any kind of online storage. When did CarrotPay's paypal get suspended?

This is absurd. FileShoppe is a system designed to let people sell their files online. Copyright material is clearly against our TOS/AUP and we have a very simple DMCA policy. Report, and we remove. SIMPLE! And we offer no incentive to 'share' files since we do not offer PPD or PPS programs.
    Try explaining that to this guy who's got a child's vendetta against the industry he blames to have caused him his declining revenues. He's got it all wrong, but he's too stubborn to admit or understand.

Here's the connection, indirect if not direct:

FileShoppe was investigated by this guy. Like I've already told you above, his mind is like a machine. He sees the site, and if it even remotely resembles a filehost, a remote accessory to a filehost, or anything that has 'file' and 'uploading' in the same phrase, he investigates the payment methods.

He then reports those payment methods to Paypal/Payza/Moneybookers, assuming it's one of the 3. Or 2CO, etc. Basically, anyone who'll bend over to his demands on mere threats of 'reputation risk'. They terminate said merchant/filehost.

Fileshoppe accepts payments via Carrot. Who... wait for it... depend exclusively on Paypal. Paypal terminates Carrot. Paypal terminates your account assuming you're Carrot. If you're not carrot, then your account has been terminated for being connected to FShoppe in some way or another. Ask them for a reason. Send an email to their AUP department. Nothing else is going to work. A call might; depends on who you get connected to.

Carrot was terminated right away, instead of being asked to stop processing for FShoppe. Now that doesn't happen, usually. It hasn't happened with Paymentwall, 2CO, etc. Why do you think? They've got history/reputation. Carrot, on the other hand, clearly/obviously doesn't. Well not exactly history; more like tons of business. I suspect Carrot barely does a few thousands a month with Paypal. The others, on the other hand, do a lot LOT more. Sure Paypal wants to rid itself of the 'risk' (which is basically a bunch of lies fed to them and their untrained monkeys incapable of rendering logical decisions) but it won't do so on the expense of losing a lot of business.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information