Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61029 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default StopForumSpam - The ULTIMATE way to beat spammers [autopilot]

Well howdy doo

Ever since I opened my first forum, I've always been bombarded with spammers.
    This is just the way things are on todays internet - everybody trying to beat eachother by spamming sites like [ours] to hell and back, with the intention of promoting whatever bullshit site they're spamming everybody with.

Well this is where a new tool can come into play. To curb-stop spammers from anywhere in the world.

http://stopforumspam.com/

StopForumSpam has built a MASSIVE database of known spammer IP addresses, emails, and even usernames. When the bots try to register on your forum - They must not only pass the reCAPTCHA (that should be implemented on whatever site you have) - but they must pass the brutal StopForumSpam test. Within seconds, the registers' IP, email address & username are rushed to the StopForumSpam database, and is rapidly searched in their database to see if this is a legitimate user that is registering - or if its a nasty spammer.

StopForumSpam is crazy easy to install. I've only installed it on vBulletin - But I know its easy for any other webscripts they support:

When this mod is installed - You are given tools that show logs of users that have either passed -or- been blocked by the StopForumSpam database -- You can even report users - have their IP, email address and username reported to StopForumSpam!

Official Site
    Mod Downloads

I HIGHLY recommend EVERYBODY installs this mod - Together we can beat spammers.

Happy hunting
    Thrill Reviewed by Thrill on . StopForumSpam - The ULTIMATE way to beat spammers [autopilot] Well howdy doo =) Ever since I opened my first forum, I've always been bombarded with spammers. This is just the way things are on todays internet - everybody trying to beat eachother by spamming sites like to hell and back, with the intention of promoting whatever bullshit site they're spamming everybody with. Well this is where a new tool can come into play. To curb-stop spammers from anywhere in the world. http://stopforumspam.com/ StopForumSpam has built a MASSIVE database of Rating: 5
    We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it
    Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it
    On and on and on we are calling out and out again
    Never looking down, I'm just in awe of what's in front of me

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    You forgot to mention the bots vs browsers app, also very useful for spam bots.

Well, I install it about year ago.
    Really, this tool stops spamers.
    But it stops and some good users also.
    Sometimes I saw, that log contains "Registration allowed", but there is no new user in the forum.
    So, I have a few new users per day.
    Plus support for vbulletin is discontinued.

This tool is a step to stop a site, but... I still use it.

Great tool, using it on my forum more than 2 years...

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    I have been using this on my forum for 8 months now it is great it cut down the spammers by 90%

Thread Information