Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6760 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Smile Downloading Copyright Stuffs Legal in Portugal

Hoping to curb the ever-increasing piracy figures in Portugal, local anti-piracy outfit ACAPOR reported the IP-addresses of 2,000 alleged file-sharers to the Attorney General last year. This week the Portuguese prosecutor came back with a ruling and decided not to go after the individuals connected to the IP-addresses. According to the prosecutor it is not against the law to share copyrighted works for personal use, and an IP-address is not enough evidence to identify a person.

Wearing T-shirts with the slogan “Piracy is Illegal”, the movie industry sponsored anti-piracy group ACAPOR delivered several boxes full of IP-addresses of alleged ‘illegal’ file-sharers to the Attorney General’s Office last year.

The “evidence” was handed over in two batches and the group demanded the authorities act against 2,000 alleged pirates.
    Source :Torrenfreak

“We are doing anything we can to alert the government to the very serious situation in the entertainment industry,” ACAPOR commented at the time, adding that “1000 complaints a month should be enough to embarrass the judiciary system.”

However, a year later it turns out that ACAPOR’s actions have backfired and the anti-piracy group is now facing the embarrassment.
    Yet another Kick in the @ss for MAFIAA....It feels good to know that some governments are not
    subjected to "threats" from US and hollywood
    Ifirst Reviewed by Ifirst on . Downloading Copyright Stuffs Legal in Portugal Yet another Kick in the @ss for MAFIAA....It feels good to know that some governments are not subjected to "threats" from US and hollywood Rating: 5
    Helping people is my hobby.....
    Learn how to secure your server against ddos

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    How was this a threat from the US or Hollywood?

I see nothing at all in the article that states anything about the US Gov't or Hollywood.

It did not say it was Hollywood movies being downloaded.

You also did not cite a source for the article.

I guess it is a good thing the Americans here do not cry every time something negative is posted like others do here.

@WDF i addedv source
    I know that the article didn't say that there was pressure from US , but its a fact known to all that the US is trying to police the internet like as if its their property
    The phrase at the end is just my opinion
    Helping people is my hobby.....
    Learn how to secure your server against ddos

Thread Information