I have seen this type of thread many times on many sites.

Some sites enact this type of member group and it fails, others reason it out like cvrle77 has and did not bother.

The problem being is you can not confidently endorse any seller as being honest or trouble free.

If you do and the seller fails that leaves the site in a bad position.

I know the web hosts, especially the newer hosts, are envious of the file host and payment processor user groups and many have voiced that they should have 1 also. What they fail to realize is these groups were set up so the site could verify these group members as official reps of these services. These groups were created not for the file hosts or payment processors but so the general membership can ID these people as confirmed working for these service providers and the members of this group have no special privileges. It is a badge nothing more.

I do not see any reason for a paid membership group on this site. I will not list the reasons because I can think of many and could probably come up with more given a little time.

Because it was mentioned as a reason to enact this type of group I will give my thoughts to control the hosting section and those listing in it. I do not think the idea would be very popular, although it would remove the kiddie hosts and those 1 person hosts from being able to list here.

I am sure there are few hosts here that would want to or could submit business registrations, Tax Authority certifications, articles of incorporation, or any other relevant official business documentation to prove they are in fact a legitimate business before being able to list here.

Even then there is still no guarantee that someone will not get scammed or receive shitty service, but it would thin out the hosting section and more then likely put the majority listing there out of business.

If you want to spend money on the site buy advertising.