Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6763 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    they do remove copyrighted content
    but the process is slow since they receive thousands of dmca's on a daily basis
    even after the advent of AK nothing much has changed
    Paypal had their own policies towards filehosts so it made it easier for people like AK (Manwin's Pawn) to report sites to Paypal and get their accounts suspended
    Manwin is getting nice sales from his tube sites
    I heard he is also associated with the file locker business
    the nature of filehost business is such that it can be abused by anyone but that does not mean they should shut down
    AK just took the opportunity and started an AntiPiracy Company
    he is earning a nice amount of money via donations from those fools who think that they will gain a lot once file lockers go out of business
    but what those fools fail to understand is that tube sites offer content in much more easier manner
    people prefer to watch online rather than downloading
    you can find every kind of paysite video on tube sites

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    freelinkz.info
    u r rite Machar why waste 1 hr to download and then watch most sales do come from western countries or countries where net speed r descent so they will prefer to watch stuufs online and save their time+ filehost premium cost and those prefer to download which are not well versed with internet and who to make google search or too lazy to search 2 minutes .

You right WDF ... sorry

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    They'd lose safe harbors rights if they were actively searching users content like this. Wide open for lawsuits
    I'm just trying to open a discussion about this, because if the industry don't adapt it will disappear.
    If you guys have better ideas, I m eager to share and learn

edit:
    After some research, Jesse is indeed right.(as edited in the first post)
    Paradoxically, any pro active action taken by the file host, will make him loose the safe harbor rights.

Best practices then, should be implemented by uploaders.

Banned
    Website's:
    rlsnow.net
    Solution :

felix baumgartner should fix servers in the space and we will be happy without DMCA

Man ... I still have hard time to breathe when I watch that free fall ... I can hardly jump off my bed

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soom View Post
    You right WDF ... sorry

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I'm just trying to open a discussion about this, because if the industry don't adapt it will disappear.
    If you guys have better ideas, I m eager to share and learn

edit:
    After some research, Jesse is indeed right.(as edited in the first post)
    Paradoxically, any pro active action taken by the file host, will make him loose the safe harbor rights.

Best practices then, should be implemented by uploaders.
    I should hope I'm right about what I do for a living lol It'd look pretty damn bad otherwise haha

You r right Jesse.

But I beg your pardon to insist, we still need to implement better business practice if we want to stay in business in the long haul.

Running from a payment gateway to another, can't be the solution.

I still believe that file hosts, while not stating pro active policies in their ToS (to preserve safe harbor), should educate their uploaders .

What do you think ?

edit:

However, Jesse you don't seem to be concerned by this, because you don't sell premium account if I m right and live on cpm ?
    Also your content may be less subject to copyright than others DMCA request.
    You are in a good niche ... not everyone case

Respected Member
    I have never named any of my sites here. Very few people know any sites I own myself. I do sell accounts.

imgah is not really my site. It kinda is, but not really.

Sorry man I just visited the link of your signature.
    It's great if you are selling account you may agree with me then ?

edit :

Respected Member
    I wouldn't say I agree. I'm not one to help people become better thieves.

Yes, I'm cocky. Extremely cocky at that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information