Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6776 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Auto create txt file in each folder

I have a directory with thousands of subfolders in them. I want to create a text file in each folder containing the folder name in it. How can I do this in windows?
    Ruriko Reviewed by Ruriko on . Auto create txt file in each folder I have a directory with thousands of subfolders in them. I want to create a text file in each folder containing the folder name in it. How can I do this in windows? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Here you go create a file called getDirs.bat and add this content
    Code: 
    @ECHO OFF
    for /F "delims=" %%a in ('dir /ad /b /s') do (
       @echo %%~nxa > %%a\test.nfo
    )
    Put it in the folder with all the subfolders and run it. You can make test.nfo to anything you want..

Is there a way to make it work with folders containing Chinese characters?

Respected Member
    If the folder was written successfully in chinese characters than it should use them. What results are you getting now??

Well the error closes so fast that I couldn't fully read it but it said something about directory being syntax error. Works fine with english characters

Respected Member
    Use a dir /b/s > dir.lst command line command and paste the links here in a code box.

Code: 
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\(C82) [HYPER BRAND] Operation RAGNAROK CAN BE REAL (Ragnarok Online) [517251]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\(C82) [HYPER BRAND] Operation RAGNAROK EXTRA PACK 15 (Ragnarok Online) [517257]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Clarisse Karen vol.2 vol.3 (Lupin III Castle of Cagliostro) [514663]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\dir.lst
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\getDirs.bat
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Kokyu No Heya - Inzuma Wakai Juusei Ni Yogaru Hitozuma Complete [English] [515227]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Nakuru-chan is my sexy waifu~ [523721]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Yabougumi Daiyaboureki [513600]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]?????????????25 -?????? ???- [525067]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[12CUT] ????? (Gakkou no Kaidan) [518382]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[2????] ?????!??CD?????????? [521206]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Ability] ????????????????????? [514182]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Abo Manten] Kyuusho seme maniacs vol. 3 (Weak Spot Maniacs vol.3) [521993]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Afro] Futanari angel cg collection [521560]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Aim-ZERO] Case Vol.4 [519927]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Air Hike] ?	??????CG?2 [525114]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Air Hike] ?	??????CG?3 [525117]

Respected Member
    I guess that didn't work. Upload the file to a file host and pm me the link.

**************Update*****************************

change bat file to this
    Code: 
    @ECHO OFF
    chcp 65001 > nul
    for /F "delims=" %%a in ('dir /ad /b /s') do ( @echo %%~nxa > %%a\test.nfo )

thanks it works

Respected Member
    You are welcome.

Thread Information