Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6843 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what is cloudflare.com?

i see a lot of websites using this nameservers ns1.cloudflare.com

they host ur websites? how can they make a site fast if they not host? i dont understand what they do
    dr2015 Reviewed by dr2015 on . what is cloudflare.com? i see a lot of websites using this nameservers ns1.cloudflare.com they host ur websites? how can they make a site fast if they not host? i dont understand what they do Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

they work as a DNS route for sites

so if we use them= our sites load faster = more google traffic?

they are good for low traffic site mostly. if your traffic is heavy cloudflare is not going to be of much help!

Probation
    Website's:
    PrismaVPS.com
    I've tried it on a few websites and I actually found Cloudflare worked slower than what I was hoping for. I have good DNS servers for my websites and I think Cloudflare just adds better DNS resolution.

Post Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by luches View Post
    they are good for low traffic site mostly. if your traffic is heavy cloudflare is not going to be of much help!
    Not true at all. We have a number of larger traffic sites using us now (Metallica.com, for example).

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPV View Post
    I've tried it on a few websites and I actually found Cloudflare worked slower than what I was hoping for. I have good DNS servers for my websites and I think Cloudflare just adds better DNS resolution.
    Highly unusual for us to slow down a site because we have over twenty datacenters. Did you contact us for assistance? Some beta features may cause performance issues at times...but these are easy to turn off.
    Damon
    CloudFlare Community Evangelist

actually they steal our traffic as most hosts have 10% downtime and they relink those traffic to their own site right? the free plan

Respected Member
    LOL it's amazing the shit people come up with when they have no clue. They do not steal your traffic. I just had a imgah member complain we never have counted any of the traffic he sent. Turns out he was not even a member. People say dumb things for no reason what-so-ever.

you say people talk dumb, but ur talking dumb urself, do u not see the ?? symbol? its a question, not a fact i am saying

Respected Member
    Look at your grammar. You made a complete statement first. The "right?" would be for reassurance from the public about said statement made.

Looks as if we have ourselves a classic case of miscommunication here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information