Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6869 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ReckonsTeam.com

Default UserID

Hi everyone, I have been trying to convert my forum to phpBB v3.0.11 and it gets converted as well but the only issue is the userid of my account.
    MR.KiDO Reviewed by MR.KiDO on . UserID Hi everyone, I have been trying to convert my forum to phpBB v3.0.11 and it gets converted as well but the only issue is the userid of my account. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

explain with details

Website's:
    ReckonsTeam.com
    Total Number of users is 276. My ID in vBulletin is 1. When I convert vBulletin to phpBB the user id changes to 279. According to phpBB Support Team UserID 1 in phpBB is for Guest Account and UserID 2 is for the founder. But I don't get that UserID. And also UserID 2 is blank in phpBB after converting.

Website's:
    iFunMaza.com
    well, you can update id's then
    after you have converted VB to PHPBB your id is 279, now you wana set it to 2.

PHP Code: 
    UPDATE Your_Table_Name
    SET user_id 
    =2
    WHERE userid
    =279 
    *Before you make it live,
    unit test it hard by loging in to your forum with different userid's. Ofcourse on your localhost

Good Luck!

FB - http://www.facebook.com/IfunMaza
    Twitter - twitter.com/#!/iFunMaza

Website's:
    ReckonsTeam.com
    Now I am getting "You are not authorised to request a new password." when I try to reset password. But what might be the reason Its not setting my account id to 2? Is is it because last 4 registered users are spambots?

Website's:
    iFunMaza.com
    just login to your DB and change your pass. i'm not sure what encryption MySQL uses but give it a try.
    and then update your id.
    Remember keep a backup file and don't touch it, do all the manipulation on copied version

FB - http://www.facebook.com/IfunMaza
    Twitter - twitter.com/#!/iFunMaza

Website's:
    ReckonsTeam.com
    Just found it has something to do with group ids. The default group id is 5 for administrators but after converting it changes to 21

Thread Information