Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6950 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Claiming downloads don't equal lost sales, is like claiming people who steal from stores don't equal a lost sale. If they didn't download it for free, they would have had to pay.

If you REALLY think downloads don't equal lost sales, you are living in a fantasy world. If that was truly the case, you wouldn't see all these lawsuits.
    SwitchLink #1 UK VPS Provider
    Never Oversold. Gigabit Connectivity. 100GB+ Network, We own our own hardware, All Branded Servers, flexibility that Webhosting cannot offer
    For more info contact me at [email protected]

2.   Sponsored Links

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I think you missed the point.

Clearly they're not willing to pay for it, if they're downloading it. A sample CD has nothing to do with 'advertising' it has to do with making money. Basically using that logic, if some one steals your websites entire theme and uses it as their own, its good advertising for you.

Those who have never been in my situation, or millions of others and think downloading music is ok, will never understand. But it does in fact hurt people, especially those who aren't signed to big labels. That is a undeniable fact. If you want to come up with lame excuses to make yourself feel better, so be it.
    Your ideology of how something should be done on the internet is not the logic of people on the internet.
    Instead you should upload your own work, and share it for free. It would be a free advertisement to you, with a backlink to your site,through filename, where you should put MORE of your work.
    Instead of screaming 'JUSTICE' for yourself, use the system, see how it works, and pull the benefit toward YOU. Resistance is futile. You either cooperate, and get benefit, or you use 20th century model, thinking you own bits on the internet. Once something is on the internet, it WILL be shared.
    Or, start making cars, they can't be uploaded, and shared

You have to understand that there's a difference between bytes, and cars. Bytes can be replicated in one second. Cars can't. You can't upload cars on the internet. But whatever is made of bits and bytes, can. What you need, to make sales, is to show you are not resisting to other people's ideology of sharing for free. Instead, use it for your own benefit.

Why the hell do you think Microsoft allowed windows to be pirated so much, and never released anything to prevent actual hacking, and today, they are the most richest company in the world? Because they wanted to become famous, and best way is, give it for free, let them crack it, let them hear your name, let them use it, once they get hooked, they will come for more.

It's called free mass advertisement, that you would have to pay in tens of thousands of dollars. (in case of Microsoft, probably tens of billions) Let them repeat your name in real life, let them see you sharing your own files, and work for free, and have the actual site, selling product. They WILL COME. It is inevitable, if you have a good product.

I know you will say: don't teach me how to do my job.
    But hey, there's only 2 roads in this, and you picked the wrong one, and failed.

Clearly we have a lot of people here who think robbing people of their hard work, just trying to make a living is perfectly acceptable, since its really just 'bytes'.

So if some one steals your website, robs you of all your earnings, nothing to worry about. Its really just a bunch of bytes.

Seems legit.

PS - I see you edited and added a lot more nonsense. But since you think giving everything away for free will equal sales, and use an example of a beta product meant to expose flaws. Seems pointless to continue. So have fun robbing other people of their work because you THINK its acceptable. It's not, and you're taking food out of other peoples mouths. Period.
    Never Oversold. Gigabit Connectivity. 100GB+ Network, We own our own hardware, All Branded Servers, flexibility that Webhosting cannot offer

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Who's talking anything about websites? Your analogy is wrong.
    It's not stealing, you still own your work. It's sharing.
    Do look at definition of word stealing.
    Stealing is when someone robs you, and leaves you WITHOUT your property.
    Sharing is when I have a song, and record it on USB, and give it to you, now we both have same song. Even if that is done without your consent, it's same thing. We both have it.
    to you, it doesn't seem legit, because you are looking it through law. Not all laws are good, if you haven't noticed. Law isn't a moral standard. It's a system of those who have the money, to write it for those who don't have it.

See, instead of thinking of what I said, and use it in your own benefit, you are living in a law world.
    This is internet. I don't have necessarily to agree on everything that is happening on it, but you need to look at it from non biased perspective. It is something that is happening for a long time, something that WILL happen for a long time, the only way to overcome it is to adopt, or be eaten by internet machinery.

My analogy is using the same logic you just posted.

If some one wanted to share their work, they would. But people are trying to make money. That's why they spend countless hours working on stuff. When you understand this, you'll get my point. Until then i'm beating a dead horse.

The fact you think laws don't apply to people who 'don't have it' (money) says it all.

Like I said, this is pointless. You're justifying why you refuse to pay for some thing by claiming it doesn't apply to you. It does. You just seem to think it doesn't. Still doesn't mean you're not taking money from some one. You can deny it all you want. But you're still taking some ones work, who wanted to sell it. FOR FREE. which is stealing.

PS - Do you own RSSZues?

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    While you are right, there's hundreds of millions of others, that don't care, if you are right or not. They are potential customers. Their ideology is: whatever is on the internet, can be shared, whatever consists of bits and bytes, can be shared, and will be shared if it's worth of time. Now, I won't draw you this again, and colorize it for you. If you can't comprehend, how to use that thinking for your own benefit, I can't help you further, You are shortsighted. Therefore, you are easy target for 'robbing'. Instead of resisting, which is futile, accept it, and use it. Just like they use your free work, you use those platforms with hundreds of millions of potential buyers, to expose yourself and your work. For free. And benefit way more, than you would in the first place. Nothing further to add.

I would really take your own advice and be a little more open minded. It's definitely not about me not comprehending what you're saying. Its about knowing that what you're saying means money lost from my pocket. It's that simple. Clearly you don't understand that. So its pointless to continue debating with some one who thinks everything on the net should be free because its just bytes.

It's pretty sad to see people so open to admitting they don't mind stealing from others, in the name of 'sharing'... I guess people should just give up on trying to make money being musicians, or developers.. since most people will just use your logic. If some one isn't giving some thing out for free. And you download it freely. That is in fast stealing. There is absolutely no way to deny it. Period.

But oh well, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Website's:
    tv-release.net
    in the warez .. I think 'Stealing' is not the most appropriate word to describe it.. I'm sure that the governments can "Kill" Warez.. and SOPA is my proof ... but they know the 'Sharing' is a good to make the stuff popular which gives them more money ...

For me I watch movies because they're free .. Do you think if they stop 'Sharing' All people will go to Cinema ?

why Google didnt support SOPA even they fight Piracy ? bcz they know that will give bad effects of their business

Sorry for my English.. I hope I was able to explain my point

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    You don't have to agree on anything. Read OPs post, read what I said, you will notice, that what I said = what OP said in first post. This has nothing to do with piracy, I gave you simple advice, on what is internet, and how you are not realizing what it is.
    If cars have only reverse speed, and can't be fixed to go front, turn around, and go backward all the way. Or walk.

And stop telling me how something I said is 'sad'. If you feel you need to cry, then just do it. I don't feel sad, nor anyone reading what I wrote. If you want to discuss things, discuss, but don't give me that ad-hominem attacks. I know how to talk, without attacking person, trying to discredit what he's saying.

Did I said: YES, EVERYONE NEEDS TO STEAL YOUR WORK, AND SHARE IT FOR FREE!
    No, I haven't. Re-read.
    I was talking about collective mind of the internet. Internet has it's own ideology, which not necessarily have to match laws from your country.
    This also means, that I haven't stated my personal opinion on the matter. I don't have to agree, or disagree with what OP said, it's just the way how things are.

When some one starts claiming they're being attacked, when not a single attack was made. They're inadvertently exposing their argument's flaw was exposed and has resorted to a plea for empathy. Hence your latter remarks.

With that being said, this is pointless. Now you're claiming everything you just said is the ideology of the internet but not your own personal opinion. As if you know the ideology of the internet. More nonsense.

With that said, your link to RSSZeus.. I see its for sale? Guess it's ok if people steal that too right? Where's the 'free' link? Because according to you, we're all supposed to share.

Logic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information