If you have a list of emails then here are some good tips on how to use it. I don't think there is an email marketing area so thought i would share and contribute.

Email Marketing advice

I like the part about the mailing lists, pretty good.

Thanks!

So you have decided to start sending emails to your cusomters. Well get ready to start earning some profit that you never even thought was possible. You are already doing it but you want advice? Well keep quiet because you already know. Here are some of the vital things to get right in your emails. Without them you are likely to lose money and also get a bad reputation from the ISPS.

1) call to action – Remember that most likely you are sending this email because you want your client to do something, you are not just emailing them to be friendly and asking them for a coffee. Make sure your link for the call to action (buy something for example) is at the top in a clear and prominent position. It must be in “the fold” and without it you will be in trouble. Remember too that devices people read their emails on is forever changing. You now have to plan for mobile, tablets and much more.

2) unsubscribe links – Don’t forget it. In some countries not having one if even illegal and you could get in a lot of trouble without it. Furthermore there is one word to take note of and that is reputation. If ISPS such as Gmail start getting complains of people reporting you for spam then they won’t deliver your email to the inbox.

3) Personalisation – If you know your client’s first and last name then use it. If you have even more information then use it. Use it both in the subject and the message content. Trust me people it works. It will entice your client to click (what sounds better dear [email protected] or Dear James?) and it will look better and pass through the spam filters. As the old saying goes if you have it, use it.

4)images vs text – For some reasons the ISPs don’t like an email full of text or one full of images. I don’t know why so please don’t ask me. All I know is that the recommend settings are 50% text/ 50% images. Use wisely ok. I have my reasons why they do this but don’t want to go into it. All I know is that Yahoo mail is very picky on this.

5)analytics – Remember to use analytics as an integration in your emails. It is pretty hard to explain how to set that up so please search on google. However here you can see what works and importantly where your traffic goes afterwards which is very useful. It should be a half hour job to setup and once done you have a complete analytical overview of your clients.

6)List management – Think again of reputation. Just because you have a list of 10,000 people doesn’t mean you should send to them all. It should be quite the opposite. If 9,000 are simply going to ignore it or report it then your best bet is to not even email them at all! Why? Well your reputation will be harmed for the remaining 1000 and you could be blocked. Obviously you have to now your lists and who is interested, half interested and not interested. You must plan accordingly.

Please of course feel free to share this topic !
scottybuzz Reviewed by scottybuzz on . I don't see much on email marketing around here- Here are some tips If you have a list of emails then here are some good tips on how to use it. I don't think there is an email marketing area so thought i would share and contribute. Email Marketing advice I like the part about the mailing lists, pretty good. Thanks! Rating: 5