Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6862 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default How to use VPS.....

Hello guyz,
    Just got a new to VPS........using vps for the 1st time.....just wanted to know how to install wordpress on VPS.......i've installed Phpbb, wordpress, Dle and VB but all on shared server don't know anything ab8 vps........It's kloxo
    KINGTHE_ALI Reviewed by KINGTHE_ALI on . How to use VPS..... Hello guyz, Just got a new to VPS........using vps for the 1st time.....just wanted to know how to install wordpress on VPS.......i've installed Phpbb, wordpress, Dle and VB but all on shared server don't know anything ab8 vps........It's kloxo Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    servnode.com
    As you have LxAdmin (Kloxo) intalled on the VPS, it's a pretty easy task. Login to the Kloxo admin panel, add a domain, create a FTP user and database.
    Alternatively, create a client account from the Kloxo admin panel, login to the client account and create a database. The domain would be added to the client account while you are creating it. The FTP username would be the client account username and password would be the client account password.
    The host field in the FTP client should contain your VPS hostname or your VPS IP or your domain name (Only after DNS propagation after the nameservers are updated).
    Go to your registrar's website, create ns1 and ns2 for your domain name and update the nameservers.
    Hope this helps!

i've done all step but issue is that when i try to launch setup i can't....i got nothing jus error msg opps! google chorme couldn't find domain....

Website's:
    servnode.com
    Did you register ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com with the VPS IP and change the nameservers to your private ones?
    If yes, then you should wait at least 24-72 hours for the DNS to propagate. In the mean time, you may access your website via a Proxy or VPN.

bro i've chngd DNS to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com .........and also installed wordpress as well but i can post in wordpress but can't see them online ......might be bcoz i changed few permission to 777 while i had to 644......bymistake i just update my kloxo panel and now it's me error of 500 - Internal Server Error

Website's:
    imageditings.com shimory.com uniquerelease.com
    ^^ reg your dns on kloxo 1st

yes......i did already

Website's:
    servnode.com
    Internal server error depends on many factors.
    Try to restart Kloxo using command: # /etc/init.d/kloxo restart.
    If it doesn't work, try the cleanup command: # /script/cleanup
    else try to upgrade it using the upgrade command: # /script/upcp
    With regards to WordPress, I suggest you to use WordPress forums.
    Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by MediaStar View Post
    ^^ reg your dns on kloxo 1st
    Kloxo usually creates the records itself after the domain is added.

Default VPS Hosting

Hi,

Restart the admin and do the following procedure, Login to your cPanel account. Changing [[IP Address]] to the IP address of your VPS. Scroll down to the Software/Services section and click Site Software. Under Blogs click on the Wordpress link. Enter an Admin Username and Password, choose the Installation URL and select your database options. Then press the Install button to start the installation of Wordpress. When the installation is complete you will see the following confirmation.

Thread Information