Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6837 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Issue with jquery external linking

I created a custom alert box using css and jquery, the css_alert box has an "Cross sign" button inside css_alert box, it fadesout (closes) the box when clicked. I want to store this css_alert box function in seperate .js file so that i can simply link this script in every other php pages. When i do that, the click event of the cross button inside css_alert box doesn't work. But, it works perfectly when the script is available in the page itself i.e not linked externally. Please help me to fix this.

Thankyou
    18folder Reviewed by 18folder on . Issue with jquery external linking I created a custom alert box using css and jquery, the css_alert box has an "Cross sign" button inside css_alert box, it fadesout (closes) the box when clicked. I want to store this css_alert box function in seperate .js file so that i can simply link this script in every other php pages. When i do that, the click event of the cross button inside css_alert box doesn't work. But, it works perfectly when the script is available in the page itself i.e not linked externally. Please help me to fix Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    link to your site?

here are few things u can check:
    1. First make sure jquery is loaded earlier then ur link to external js
    2. Make sure your path to external js is valid
    3. Try to add all javascript in footer area.

if all above is checked but still not work then post your site link here
    Bots Development | Web Development | Wordpress Customization | PSD Conversion

Life has many twists and turns in it, you have to take what you are given and use it for the best.

@mRAza Thanks .. I placed the external js code at the very bottom of the page (just above the </body> tag) it's working now

Thread Information