Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6838 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @CJ i believe probation users should not be allowed to post in only certain forums until they reach 10 posts.Example:marketplace section
    A guy was posting cvv dumps here lmao
    Helping people is my hobby.....
    Learn how to secure your server against ddos

2.   Sponsored Links

He was posting cvv dumps for sale in the introductions too. so yeah still same thing

Super busy. I have to forward this email to 20 people in 5 minutes or else a ghost will visit me tonight and my room is a mess

Respected Member
    Yup, so ultimately, what i suggested is the best idea to implement.
    Allow users to post replies, not start threads.

And Of-course, it will be a spam haven for him, but this is how it works in other huge forums as-well.

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Quote Originally Posted by Froomple View Post
    Well, imo a sPam is a sPam, regardless of the section. And a new user mustn't be allowed to create threads until he reaches 10 posts.
    That's exactly what will make them to spam more.
    Also, their ability to create thread is our advantage, we can see when they create thread, instantly.
    If they need to spam inside some topic, then we need to rely on reports from users.
    Also, not all spam is same type of spam. There's bot spam, and there's manual spam.
    Bot spam are cvv, stolen cc, etc posts, manual spam is posting own site links in introduction section, and similar. We treat them differently, bots are banned instantly, while with manual spam, we look at each case, and based on the weight, we decide will we ban user, or it was just an honest mistake.
    We are not cruel predators, with easy ban fingers.
    As you can see, forum is clean from spam-bots. You simply cannot totally prevent them from spamming, they will adopt easily.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle77 View Post
    That's exactly what will make them to spam more.
    Also, their ability to create thread is our advantage, we can see when they create thread, instantly.
    If they need to spam inside some topic, then we need to rely on reports from users.
    Also, not all spam is same type of spam. There's bot spam, and there's manual spam.
    Bot spam are cvv, stolen cc, etc posts, manual spam is posting own site links in introduction section, and similar. We treat them differently, bots are banned instantly, while with manual spam, we look at each case, and based on the weight, we decide will we ban user, or it was just an honest mistake.
    We are not cruel predators, with easy ban fingers.
    i am not at all talking about moderators and banning here.
    I am talking about probationary members. The rules are not just enough, to restrict them from spam. And today's spam was not small. It made the forum look so bad. Allowing users to create threads, is so lame, and for a forum like KWWH, we must do something.
    I'm sure many will agree that our forum was looking so bad, with soo many cc, cvv lame threads.

All i can see from staff replies here, that this won't be done.
    Atleast restrict probationary members from posting lengthy threads or posting links on the threads.
    :\

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    I've personally banned that user, he made only 3 threads, don't blow up things out of proportions. This happens DAILY. And it's moderators job to keep forum clean.

It won't be done, because there's downside of it, which is more important, than the actual benefit. And it is restricting new legit users from posting.

We would be pushing new members to make spam replies, just to be able to create a thread, and maybe ask a question.

Imagine seeing on every thread replies like: "Good" "Thanks" "Ok" so they could just pump their post count to 10, to be able to create a thread. That is 5X more messier, and 10X more harder to weed out.

Respected Member
    i'm sorry, he posted more than 5 threads.
    I was on mobile, so couldn't take any snapshot.

Well, anyways. I don't think you did read this line of my quote :

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Yes, you are right, it must be the other guy that I've banned, with similar nickname, which had only 3 posts. This guy had 11.

What we COULD do, maybe, is limiting newbies on creating only ONE thread per day. This way, newbies, that want to ask a question, would have a chance to do it, or if they want to introduce themselves.

Respected Member
    Yes, you are right, it must be the other guy that I've banned, with similar nickname, which had only 3 posts. This guy had 11.

What we COULD do, maybe, is limiting newbies on creating only ONE thread per day. This way, newbies, that want to ask a question, would have a chance to do it, or if they want to introduce themselves.

Hope it gets implemented soon.
    Also take a look at the links being posted, prolly we wouldn't want a new member post links.

This is the best suggestion so far
    +1
    Helping people is my hobby.....
    Learn how to secure your server against ddos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information