Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6883 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Respected Member

Default What's the point of probation?

I really dont understand the limitations of newly registered members. Anyone is allowed to spam the forums at their own will. A good example , which is yet to be rectified : http://www.besthostingforums.com/member.php?u=55566.

Look at the number of threads he created

And this adds to the thread created by geezus

Something needs to be done here. Restrict the permissions to creatre threads and once they reach atleast 10 or more posts.
    Froomple Reviewed by Froomple on . What's the point of probation? I really dont understand the limitations of newly registered members. Anyone is allowed to spam the forums at their own will. A good example , which is yet to be rectified : http://www.besthostingforums.com/member.php?u=55566. Look at the number of threads he created :facepalm: And this adds to the thread created by geezus :P Something needs to be done here. Restrict the permissions to creatre threads and once they reach atleast 10 or more posts. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    IF we restrict the permissions, new users would complain more. With so much of freedom given to new users, still; I have one of my friend on this forum who says thr are way tooooo many restrictions to get out of probation. So lets not make it more complicated & frustrating for new users & keep it as it is right now imho.

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    IF we restrict the permissions, new users would complain more. With so much of freedom given to new users, still; I have one of my friend on this forum who says thr are way tooooo many restrictions to get out of probation. So lets not make it more complicated & frustrating for new users & keep it as it is right now imho.
    If you dont want any restrictions, what's the point of probation?

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    with probation, user is restricted to some sections only. & thats the point of probation

Website's:
    WarezDownloads.us Crackcentral.co.uk
    Block the new users to post links in site.

ADSPOT available on PR#3 Alexa 100K Site.

Respected Member
    Well, imo a sPam is a sPam, regardless of the section. And a new user mustn't be allowed to create threads until he reaches 10 posts.
    Which can be helpful to track any new spammer, before he can start a new thread.
    This makes it easy for everyone. And db is less affected.

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    ok so u mean new user should be bared from making new thread in any of the section ? So for getting out of probation he should make random 10 posts like "thank you" on some or the other thread ? thats more like spam to me. The spam u are talking about can be deleted once someone reports or once some mods get to that thread but "inviting" users to make meaningless posts to get out of thr probation shell is just tooooo bad idea imo brother.

Respected Member
    Just exclude the introduction section prolly?

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    In introduction section we dont count any of the posts you make so again its pointless.

Respected Member
    Ok lol. So let the users spam again. No use in me creating this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information