I have a friend who has been paying webtechs.net $900 per year for his website. I guess they do some seo work as well. He wants to move and I will host his site. I called them and they said as long as his hosting contract was up that they would allow him to transfer his domain name elsewhere. He had paid in advance for 5 years on the domain through that company. Now a month later when we try to move they say we should have read the fine print and we should have given them 30 days notice before...

Host refuses to transfer/release domain name?
keyoian Reviewed by keyoian on . Host refuses to transfer/release domain name? I have a friend who has been paying webtechs.net $900 per year for his website. I guess they do some seo work as well. He wants to move and I will host his site. I called them and they said as long as his hosting contract was up that they would allow him to transfer his domain name elsewhere. He had paid in advance for 5 years on the domain through that company. Now a month later when we try to move they say we should have read the fine print and we should have given them 30 days notice Rating: 5