From time to time it may be necessary to move you to a new range of IPs. For your convenience, we will not do this unless it is absolutely necessary.

If we need to migrate you to a new IP range, and your domains use a private nameserver (i.e. ns1/ns2.yourdomain.com) then you will need to update your private nameserver at your domain registrar for yourdomain.com with the new IP addresses we provision you with.

It is enough to update your nameserver IPs on the master domain only - you do not need to make any changes on any domain names which you have registered and pointed to these nameservers.

The methodology for updating nameservers varies from registrar to registrar, so you will need to consult with your domain registrar in order to achieve this. Note that some registrars refer to private nameservers as 'Glue Records'.

If we have registered your master domain name for you, then simply open a helpdesk ticket and provide us with your new nameserver IPs, and we will make the necessary changes for you.
Areon Reviewed by Areon on . How to change the IP address of my nameservers From time to time it may be necessary to move you to a new range of IPs. For your convenience, we will not do this unless it is absolutely necessary. If we need to migrate you to a new IP range, and your domains use a private nameserver (i.e. ns1/ns2.yourdomain.com) then you will need to update your private nameserver at your domain registrar for yourdomain.com with the new IP addresses we provision you with. It is enough to update your nameserver IPs on the master domain only - Rating: 5