"Creating Signatures" in Photoshop
(Number 1)
In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to make this signature:

OK then, lets get started,
Step1.
Start off with a new document with whatever size you use. I use 350 x 150, but it is up to you. Then, set your colors to basic by pressing D
Step2.
Fill it all with black by either using the paint bucket or pressing ALT + BACKSPACE
I have this:

Step3.
Make a new layer by going to Layer>New>layer or by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + N and click OK. In this layer, take out your favorite brush set, set the mode to soft light (It's on the right side of where you pick your brush set) and start brushing in white on the second layer.
I have this:

Step4.
Next, take out your render that you are going to use, select all of it by right clicking>Select all or press CTRL + A , then, press CTRL + C to copy it, then go to your signature and press CTRL + V to paste it onto your sig. It will make a new layer itself so no need to make another one. When that is done, press CTRL + J to copy the render layer. To resize the render if it is too big, press CTRL + T and press the chain that is in the navigation bar when you press CTRL + T, this will keep the right ratio for the render and not bake it squashed. Hide the original render layer by clicking on the little eye beside it.
I have this:

Step5.
Now, with the copied render layer, right click on the layer>Blending options> and pick the Soft Light mode for it. Then, go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur and pick the settings that you like. It won't show that much color when this is done, but, copy it a few times (CTRL +J) and move it them around until it covers the signature with the amount of color that you would like.
I have this:

OPTIONAL
Step6.
When that is done, merge all the Soft Light render layer by going to ayer>Merge Down or press CTRL + E until all the soft light, blurred layers are all together in one layer. This color will go but, all you have to do is copy it again by pressing CTRL + J. All that this is doing is making the layers less, so it is easier to navigate and will leave you with the same result as in Step5. I would recommend doing it, but, if you don't want to, it's fine
I have this:

BLENDING
Step7.
now, your signature should start to take shape. Bring your none blurred render layer above all the other layers by holding it down and dragging it up. Take out your Polygonal Lasso tool, and draw all around the render (Make sure that you are on the render layer and not another one). When that is done, Right Click>Select inverse. this will put those dotted lines all around the signature as well as the bit that you have selected. Now, Right Click again and click on Feather. Set the feather part to 20 pix (You can put this higher or lower, depending on how you like it). This is going to change the dotted lines around the render, to smooth them out. Now. with that done, press DELETE. (again, make sure that you are selected on the render layer) Your render will be faded at the side of it and will blend in more with the background. You can press delete as many times as you like. When you are satisfied, Right Click and press deselect. Now, take out another or the same brush set that you have been using, and brush a little bit in white on the render layer. The render should no blend in really well with the background
This is what I have:

OPTIONAL
If you notice that my signature here is a little bit different, that's because I sharpened the render layer. All you have to do here is, (If you want to) is go to, Filter>Sharper>Sharpen. This gives a more realistic look and looks pretty cool
You can also fiddle around with how much you want sharpened by going to Filter>Sharpen>Un sharp Mask.

Step8.
We are nearly finished now! All we need to do now is add a border, text, scan lines etc. What ever it is that You would like to do. All that I added was a border and very faint scan lines. To add a border like mine, make a new layer, press CTRL + A or Right Click>Select All, to select the whole sig. Right Click again and select Stroke. In the stroke option, make it 3 pix with a black color. Then, Right Click again, Stroke but this time pick 2 pix and a white color. Right Click and press deselect. The border won't look very good, but, not to worry, Right Click on the layer>Blending Options>Mode: Soft Light and the border will look good. If it is too faint for your liking, duplicate the layer by pressing CTRL + J. Look below on how to make Scan Lines
Scan Lines

Now, making scan lines.
This is done differently, I'll show you how I did mine:
First off you need to make a new document, with a 5x5 pixel height and width, with transparency on.
When you make the new document, zoom into it's full zoom
Then grab you Pencil Tool with 1px and do this:

Once you've done that, go to Edit at the top and down to Define Pattern
Give you pattern a name if you wish.
Then go back to your Signature document. Make a new layer, Right Click>Select All or press CTRL + A. Right Click>Fill. When you are here, pick Pattern in the drop down box and then, click on the newly made scan lines pattern. You can pick how string you want them with the opacity level. If it is still too strong, you can go to Edit>Fade Fill or, (What I do) Right Click on the layer>Blending Options>Mode: Soft light and this also looks pretty good.

Now! You are finished! This is my result:

They can all vary, depending on the options you pick and customize.
I hope you liked it!
Please, post your results if you want, I'd like to see them.
Enjoy !!!!!
(Original by AndrewM, I modified)
rich5lee Reviewed by rich5lee on . Tutorial - Creating Signatures in Photoshop "Creating Signatures" in Photoshop (Number 1) In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to make this signature: http://www.besthostingforums.com/images/cdn/besthostingforums.com/2008/07/16.jpg OK then, lets get started, Step1. Start off with a new document with whatever size you use. I use 350 x 150, but it is up to you. Then, set your colors to basic by pressing D Step2. Fill it all with black by either using the paint bucket or pressing ALT + BACKSPACE I have this: Rating: 5