Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6832 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned

Default Creating and Delivering Messages that Matter

Creating and Delivering Messages that Matter
    Written by SECUR

Communication Barriers

Language Barriers
    Clearly, if you don't speak the language you'll have trouble communicating. But even among people who share the same language; slang and jargon can interfere with meaning.

Perceptual Barriers
    How your audiences perceives you and your agenda can create significant obstacles to effective communication. If possible, explore their perceptions (both positive and negative) beforehand.

Cultural Barriers
    These can include everything from how you greet someone to how you handle a disagreement. The most commonly used factor, which is usually forgotten, is how you converse with another; small talk. As globalization gains speed, intercultural communication will become increasingly pivotal to your success.

Analyze your Audience

Expectations
    What kind of languages do most people use? Is it formal or informal? Is it direct or roundabout? Should you differ from the norm? Why or why not?

Education
    The education level of the audience should drive the level of vocabulary, and the complexity of the message.

Profession
    Some professions (e.g., webmasters, uploaders, technicians) are rife with jargon and acronyms. How should this impact your message?

Be Concise
    Jerry Seinfeld once said, "I will spend an hour editing an eight word sentence into five." While Jerry might be going a bit too far, it pays to be clear and concise. But don't be concise at the expense of completeness; include all information that your audience may need (it'll save you time down the road).

Avoid Slang
    Unless you are absolutely sure that your audience will understand and appreciate it, do not use slang. This risk of unintentionally alienating yourself from your audience is too high.

Avoid Bias
    Intentionally or unintentionally, words and can communicate biases that can interfere with your message. To my knowledge, three kinds of bias are common. Gender Bias, which consists of words that suggest stereotypical attitudes towards specific gender. Age Bias, which refers to words that suggest stereotypical attitudes toward people of specific ages. Race, Ethnicity, and Nationality Bias, can also suggest stereotypical attitudes toward specific races, ethnicities, and nationalities. Leaving aside prejudice (which is clearly wrong) the problems in this area are usually unintentional and stem from unarticulated assumptions about a person's attitudes, opinions, and experiences.

Lastly, Don't Make Grammar Goofs

Grammatical errors will distract your reader from your writing and undermine your credibility.
    Benign Reviewed by Benign on . Creating and Delivering Messages that Matter Creating and Delivering Messages that Matter Written by SECUR Communication Barriers Language Barriers Clearly, if you don't speak the language you'll have trouble communicating. But even among people who share the same language; slang and jargon can interfere with meaning. Perceptual Barriers How your audiences perceives you and your agenda can create significant obstacles to effective communication. If possible, explore their perceptions (both positive and negative) beforehand. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    digitalbattlefield.net imgnow.co
    N0w tats alot of BIG wrds

no english...

I kid, this is a nice and constructive thread speaking about something that matters, which you don't see much of on boards like these.

Fatal

Very well written piece here. Shows you're educated

I try to keep proper grammar most of the time but everyone makes mistakes.

Fun fact I was taught in college psychology was when someone doesn't capitalize the first letter of they're name it shows insecurity
    cheers
    Dotty

Banned
    Thanks for the fun fact DOTcom I didn't know that.

Website's:
    RIP-Warezthegfx.org RIP-Usawarez.com
    So basically, alanyze your audience, be concise, avoid slang, avoid bias, and lastly, dont make grammar goofs.

This is for the people that don't want to read it.

Actually if you don't want to read it just exit out. This is not ment for you then
    I am not "The Katz" or affiliated, it's just my last name.

Website's:
    wrzc.eu watchfreemoviez.eu
    Wow SECUR we'll written. Its a excellent thread you wrote.

Respect: SMLMATS, M-R-T, Elio, exel, SLiM, UltimA, Hx, Rick

MechoDDL - All Your Needs

Nice post, mate. These are some of the basics of what they taught us in Business school
    Respected & Trusted:
    warezfreak09, JJJ, jayfella, corallinkz, masalalover2010

Scammers (to be hunted down and molested by 700lb trannies with foul-smelling discharge):
    Hero aka [email protected] aka [email protected] (claims to be trusted on ghostmarket and an admin named stealth at screen.name)

Thread Information