Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6811 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Are you considering switching to Bing (soon)?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

7 11.11%
  • No.

56 88.89%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Respected Developer
    Is this thread a result of Apple switching to Bing as default search engine on the iPhone?

Anyway, I agree with the majority: Google > Bing. Why? Firstly, Google stands for simplicity. I like simplicity. Secondly, I find that Google gives me better search results compared to Bing, though this might also be a personal thing rather than a fact. Thirdly, Google has a nice and free service for just about anything you want to do.

Surely Google has it's downsides too, but Bing is no competition for it. MSN Search failed, Live Search failed, Bing will fail (by fail I mean being able to compete with Google).

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    animeout.com mangaout.com scenator.com
    gotta agree with hyperz....google is simplicity itself...nowonder googling has become an actual word.....believe me when i say this: ive tried searchin for stuff at all popular search engines and googles given me the best results. that makes me wonder .mac, for what kinda searches did bing give better results where google cudnt

I never said it gives me better results, I said it gives me accurate results and that it's improving day by day. But yeah, it's maps are definitely better, for my area that is.

Hyperz - Nope. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, there's no official announcement that Bing will be the default and only search provider in OS 4. Just photoshopped images. But yeah I really do hope that Apple allows us to use Bing search/maps instead of Google's in OS 4. About that it'll fail - we'll see.

Website's:
    fuck.you
    NOPE

becuase BING it self means
    BING- BINS IS NOT GOOGLE
    I AM FROM INDIA SO MY ENGLISH IS FUCKING GOOD ,I WILL TROLL YOU.

Website's:
    LulzIMG.com chtbx.com RapidPremium.Net ReleaseLeech.com RLSLeech.com NinjaRobotPirateZombieNazi.com
    Like Hyperz said, I like simplicity too.. There's nothing like that white page and single logo with no fancy MS graphics in the way..

Google because Bing is just not there yet.

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Quote Originally Posted by .mac View Post
    I never said it gives me better results, I said it gives me accurate results and that it's improving day by day. But yeah, it's maps are definitely better, for my area that is.
    Well, so Bing is only good for Maps ? and that too just for your area.

Google Maps is very good, accurate, wide visual range, state-of-the-art kind of service.

Google can give you much more accurate results if you know how to search correctly.
    Read here
    Example : If you just want to get results for 'autoblog' then while searching on google, put '+autoblog' in the search box and you'll get accurate results.
    Now, just compare this search with typing 'autoblog' in google without the '+' and see, how google can be made accurate by the user itself.

So bottom line : People should not switch over to Bing.com (my idea)

Also, I never tried Bing.com myself, so I cannot comment on it.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    I agree with Hyperz on this. I don't personally find Bing gives better or more accurate results. I tried it for a few days but didn't like it but not recently to be honest. The simplicity of Google is great. You don't need a fancy wallpaper when searching however I didn't hear about the Apple until now and I do think you should be given a choice.

Does anyone get much traffic from Bing? Just checked and I have about 16k pages indexed on Google but one one one Bing. Was checking my Google Anatical and I've never received a single hit from Bing for my link checker but I have from lots of hits from smaller smaller search engines along with Google and Yahoo. Bing doesn't like me
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    google have a unlimited amount of resources to develop their engine. They have this because its their number 1 product. without google.com the company fails.

Microsoft however have a budget. it might be a huge one, but its a budget nevertheless, because they arent a "search engine" company per se.

So all in all. google will always pwn imo, unless some bright spark comes up with a better idea on a shoe string... It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZe View Post
    People should not switch over to Bing.com (my idea) [...] I never tried Bing.com myself [...]
    If you never tried Bing, you can't give an opinion.

Next, learn to read. I said it isn't BETTER than Google (i.e it's just as good (FOR ME)), not that it's "not good" for anything besides Maps. Stop misinterpreting my words all the time for fucks sake.

I hope you understood what I said this time with all the fancy bolded text.

PS. Thanks for the lesson, although I already know Google searching methods.

---

Btw, glad to see people like jayfella, Mr Happy and CyberMind giving smart, useful replies. I too think that it's not quite yet "there" but it's nice for a beta. Sure has better Maps and Picture search (for me that is)

Website's:
    Technsoft.Com iTBux.com DxWarez.com webxhost.net
    I am not gonna give a vote for Yes or No but I am agree with .mac Bing is getting better and i have searched few things on it and yes i really like it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information