Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6583 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 'Hurt Locker' bosses target movie pirates

The movie piracy battle has exploded into life ? the bosses behind 'The Hurt Locker' have begun a multi-million dollar lawsuit against those who watched the Oscar winning film illegally.
    Voltage Pictures are teaming up with the U.S Copyright Group, to sue thousands of individuals who downloaded the bomb disposal thriller illegally on BitTorrent in America.

The U.S Copyright Group has already filed lawsuits over a number of other films, including 'Far Cry' and 'Uncross the Stars'. A lawyer at the firm who are preparing the lawsuit, Thomas Dunlap, said, "You can guess that relative to the films we've pursued already, the order of magnitude is much higher with the 'Hurt Locker'."
    According to the Hollywood Reporter, once the lawsuits are filed those that have been sued must subpoena ISP records in order to see if their IP addresses match that with illegal use on BitTorrent.
    Dunlap added that of the 50,000 people sued so far only a handful have tried to get the subpoena quashed.
    Despite the film's Oscar winning success, it was something of a flop at the US box office, but the law suit could potentially earn them millions of pounds.

Source: Yahoo
    Storming Reviewed by Storming on . 'Hurt Locker' bosses target movie pirates The movie piracy battle has exploded into life ? the bosses behind 'The Hurt Locker' have begun a multi-million dollar lawsuit against those who watched the Oscar winning film illegally. Voltage Pictures are teaming up with the U.S Copyright Group, to sue thousands of individuals who downloaded the bomb disposal thriller illegally on BitTorrent in America. The U.S Copyright Group has already filed lawsuits over a number of other films, including 'Far Cry' and 'Uncross the Stars'. A Rating: 5
    It's amazing, being in a community can cause hate. Competitors or not - DDOS isn't cool :)

2.   Sponsored Links

Serves them right for using bittorrent, always use protection.
    9758fcdc0da017540d11889c22bb5a6e 939bae9ac6b3e1a84cebb7b403297b79
    Greetz to LaW eNfOrCeMeNt, MPAA & OtHeR ANTi-PiRACY ReLaTeD GrOuPs
    9ee6a213cb02554a63b1867143572e70 070bff8a9e240b11ee6b41e7d92b41ba

Thats why I download from Rapidshare, because they handle their own laws.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

Banned
    Website's:
    SMSFreak.in Recharge.im DJGaurav.in
    Thats why i go to cinemas rater than downloading movies

I hardly see you offline bro and I know you download movies using my rapidshare account.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

Website's:
    zakuza.za
    RISK FTW! Australian laws isn't that harsh here. Probably would get some community service with no fine for the first time .

this piece of shit film should not be able to sue anyone. i think we should file a lawsuit against them for releasing such a bs movie and robbin avatar of its oscars.

^^
    lol..

lol poor guys of that place... its dangerous now to download from there

Website's:
    FlowForums.com
    I watch everything in the movie theatre.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information