Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6982 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Give me some ideas or advice on my first project

Hi, guys. Don't think I'm pro but I work a lot when it comes to serious stuff. Currently I know HTML, CSS and a little bit if PHP but I'm learning this one. I am planning to make a mirror uploading site just for fun. I have made the design and stuff (very simple design). In my design, the top part of webpage is a different color than the bottom part (about 180px of height). How do you suggest me to do that? I was planning to use table but some how I feel too noobish as table was the first thing I've learned when I started in HTML stuff.

Regards
    LEVAC109 Reviewed by LEVAC109 on . Give me some ideas or advice on my first project Hi, guys. Don't think I'm pro but I work a lot when it comes to serious stuff. Currently I know HTML, CSS and a little bit if PHP but I'm learning this one. I am planning to make a mirror uploading site just for fun. I have made the design and stuff (very simple design). In my design, the top part of webpage is a different color than the bottom part (about 180px of height). How do you suggest me to do that? I was planning to use table but some how I feel too noobish as table was the first thing Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    2sl.im Freepresscorps.com Luminaryscience.com
    You should be more concerned with the back end on a project like that. I'm sure it's not quite easy to code a good script that does that
    Shorten your links with http://2sl.im

TRUSTED: Elio, Jayfella, warezfreak09, mRAza, Flash
    Scammers: Sandino

Well of course I can see the back-end is more important. But I was only asking how I should make that top and bottom difference.

Tables is one way of doing it, however I suggest you use divs. From my understanding you want a colour at the top and one at the bottom, so a few divs deciding the colour of both.

As US mentioned above the back end is more important, and the fancy stuff comes later. You will learn that the more and more you code.
    Please follow signature rules

k, Deleted.

Thanks you both

Thread Information