Join Multi-Part Movies:

winRAR (use when files end in: Part1.RAR Part2.RAR Part3.RAR ETC... alternatively can also be .rar + .r00 + .r01 + .r02 ETC) --- Not freeware... do a search for it here (I wont link to it because its always updated)

7-Zip (free alternate to winRAR and winzip, makes a .7z file) (freeware) - Also works with WINRAR (above)

HJ-Split (use when files end in: *.001, *.002, *.003, etc.) (FREEWARE)

WinZip (Use when .ZIP or Part1.Zip Part2.ZIP ETC) - Not freeware, search on here, but I would suggest downloading WINRAR instead, it can handle .rar+.zip+.7z+almost anything but HJSplit Files

There are others but I am not going to get into them all, because it would take forever, if you run into another, just PM me, and I will help you)

ZIX - Winzix file, this program is a trojan, beware of these files!!! (the ZIX file itself is fine, but the actual extractor WINZIX is a trojan) A lot of people put "these files must be extracted in WinZix", but yet they are rar/zip files? Can't trust no one these days

In any case of joining files it is pretty easy...

WinRar (.RAR or .PartX.rar or .rXX)
if it's .Part1.Rar , .Part2.Rar , ETC:
  1. Simply right click on Part1.RAR and select Extract Here (or to a folder whichever)
  2. It will automatically go through all parts (beware, sometimes there will be a filename.cd1.part*.rar and a cd2, make sure to extract both!)
If it's .rar and .r00 and .r01 ETC:
  1. Right click the .RAR file and extract that, it will go through all the .rXX files
  2. once again beware of cd1 + cd2 style downloads!

7Zip (.7z)
  • Right click and Extract using winrar or 7zip

HJSplit (.001 + .002 + .003 + ETC)
  1. First open HJSplit
  2. Select Join
  3. Hit browse and navigate to the files
  4. Select the .001 file and click JOIN
  5. DONE

WinZip (.ZIP + .z01 02 03 etc and Part1.Zip and Part2.Zip ETC)
I would suggest using WinRar with these files, it is a much better utility!
  1. Simply right click on Part1.RAR and select Extract Here (or to a folder whichever)
  2. It will automatically go through all parts (beware, sometimes there will be a filename.cd1.part*.rar and a cd2, make sure to extract both!)

[original from katzforums]
Agrias Reviewed by Agrias on . Joining MultiPart Archives Join Multi-Part Movies: winRAR (use when files end in: Part1.RAR Part2.RAR Part3.RAR ETC... alternatively can also be .rar + .r00 + .r01 + .r02 ETC) --- Not freeware... do a search for it here (I wont link to it because its always updated) 7-Zip (free alternate to winRAR and winzip, makes a .7z file) (freeware) - Also works with WINRAR (above) HJ-Split (use when files end in: *.001, *.002, *.003, etc.) (FREEWARE) WinZip (Use when .ZIP or Part1.Zip Part2.ZIP ETC) - Not freeware, Rating: 5