Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6896 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Domain registrar

Which domain registrar should I use?
    I am currently using namecheap but since of the recent US take downs, I thought I might register a domain from a registrar not located in the US, making it a bit harder for the US to take websites down. ie: http://www.realtimeregister.com/

So, stay with NameCheap or go with RealtimeRegister which is in the Netherlands.
    FancyPants Reviewed by FancyPants on . Domain registrar Which domain registrar should I use? I am currently using namecheap but since of the recent US take downs, I thought I might register a domain from a registrar not located in the US, making it a bit harder for the US to take websites down. ie: http://www.realtimeregister.com/ So, stay with NameCheap or go with RealtimeRegister which is in the Netherlands. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

All of them are accredited ICANN registrars. When it comes to top level domains, ICANN is responsible.

But, if you register country domain, e.g. somethingnotofficial.su or somethingnotofficial.cd , they wouldn't be able to do anything since it's not from USA. You will get your domain suspended only because of the *****************, carding, botnets, terrorism, or something that's HIGHLY against USA law. Reason why those domains got suspended is that they were selling something via their site that was licensed. And only authorized seller was supposed to do that.

If you own just a warez forum, and not selling anything copyrighted, you'd be ok I assume. There are hundreds of old forums which are registered on USA based registrar. And they are quite fine. Just reply on every mail copyright agencies send with respect, and you'll be fine. Co-operate.

Alright, thanks

Website's:
    liveboxes.com feed55.com
    You can register the domain with namecheap only. If you respect the DMCA by taking down the content and responding them, there is no problem.

nemcheap isnt going to do anything anyways. lmao.

Banned
    Website's:
    GFXFire.com Max-Share.org WarezShares.com
    I always use namecheap and dynadot. warezshares.com has being in dynadot for more than 2 yrs, nth has happened. Hardly get any DMCA anyway. Co-operate and you would be fine =]

Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com
    Dynadot is great. Easy to use and lot's of options. Never had any problems with DMCA.

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

Thank you Jason

Thread Information