Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6776 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by automan View Post
    @VIP

Nah! Not like that with me! My server is fast and responsive. And the site will be there as long as warez exist and that too without ads. It will be fast as it is right now.
    don't get me wrong but I support you on this. build reputation first, it will take some time and efforts. within 1 to 2 years if your site is still there then I believe more uploaders/webmasters will use your service.

wish you all the best. hope your site will stay as longest as possible like linksave.in -> it's been online since 2007 if I remember correctly.

2.   Sponsored Links

Actually I am aware that they will need me to code another script for them to integrate sharelinking on katz. Because they show File Host info on category page. So I will have to create the script for them. It will load there server but this will help each uploader who works hardly and if the links get deleted, its a pain in the ass to update the links to lots of forums.

Yes! I have seen linksave. They are a like a simple version of sharelinking.com but lots of ads are there. I need to get sharelinking reputation high but all it takes is time and support from all of you uploaders. I am going to request each and every good forum and put a list of forums allowed at the admin panel of the site. So that all uploaders can post links to different forums and edit them from one page. This is going to help uploaders earn more and more.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Whatever about the other popular one that lots on WBB use this doesn't even have an api facility. We won't be able to tell if someone is using it to hide or mask and submit the same link several times. As a result I will never be allowing sites who use this to submit to MechoDDL. It's the same reason Katz won't allow it either.

Both Katz and MechoDDL visit sites and record the links to check for duplicate submission. Most other DDL sites visit the site and record the host.

The other MASSIVE problem is if you do develop an api system and say you do give a secret key to allow DDL sites bypass the any protection and gain access to the links then you would need perfect uptime and I'm on about uptime that rivals Google. To prove you have good uptime if you develop an API system it would be a minimum of 6 months before I'd even consider it. Katz would probable be longer if ever.

I wish you all the best with it but at least you know where I stand and what we would require if we were to allow such a thing.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

API system is something easy to develop, ok so main problem is duplicated links, right? Mr Happy.

I can code to prevent such things. Record all the links and check if they already exist and if they do, do not let the generation of secured link begin. But yeah it will create confusions sometimes. Hmm 100% uptime is no problem. Just that I will let the site run for sometime. Grab all the small resources I could and other forums which allows link protectors. Right now I am using this for my warez site. And now a days I don't get much dead links though.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    No you don't understand. I'd need to see the links to make sure they don't exist in my database. Putting it blunt I don't care if they are duplicate in your Database. One way or another I'd need to have direct access to the links and by me I mean an automated script on my server.

example if someone submits
    http://www.sharelinking.com/v/1003243/

I need to see
    http://rapidshare.com/files/45020213....org.part4.rar

I need the whole link and ALL of them not just one as a sample. We check the first part which is the file host. We check the id number to make sure it's unique and not already in our database and then we need the last part to form the whole link for our link checker to work.

That is problem number one.
    Problem number two is your uptime and trustworthy. That's going to take a minimum of 6 months.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Yes I was telling the same

I can build that one. Actually it works on that basis only. I can give you direct access. Now problem one is solved.

Problem 2: I don't have much to say about this as you say its 6 months. Between you are katz admin?

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by automan View Post
    Yes I was telling the same

I can build that one. Actually it works on that basis only. I can give you direct access. Now problem one is solved.

Problem 2: I don't have much to say about this as you say its 6 months. Between you are katz admin?
    No I'm talking about MechoDDL but Katz's site works similarly I think so their requirements would be similar. I'm just trying to help by the way. I'm not trying to hurt your or your sites development or growth but I have to think of my site and traffic too.

Respected Member
    This in most cases is a big fail. Most bigger sites on katz and ddls won't do it because they'll lose their site sales and let me tell ya... they don't wanna do that. So, instead of paying extra money for a service that might actually work they won't do it because they'll be losing more money than they'd be gaining. It was a good idea, but not something that's going to happen anytime soon. I would never use it as my links stay alive long enough for me. Plus 9 times out of 10 after the first day or so those downloads don't get very many hits after the katz lists have passed. Just sayin!

Ofc Mr Happy, I know. No offense. I am just trying to gain knowledge that whats the requirement of DDL sites like yours to allow link protection type of sites. So the only problem remains is 100% uptime. If you can suggest me a nice Host I would be grateful.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information