Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6850 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default How to Spot FAKE movie posts without downloading the files!

I've find this on web and I taught why not share it.

How to Spot a Fake Movie Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* How to Spot FAKE movie posts without downloading the files! *
    A: (Read Tip N?5)

Lately i think the fake posts for movies had increased a lot, i personally hate that, so i decided to create a thread to explain to beginners / intermediate users how to spot fake movies without downloading the files to check its content .

If you are always unsure whether to download or not the movie from certain posts, this post is for you !!

Tips:

N?1:

Quote:
    Always check in IMDB the Release Date, if the post has a movie in dvdrip/r5 etc. and its release date its only 1/2 weeks from today, that's a huge red light.

( i.e: Official release in 23 of may 2010, and you are watching a post claiming that has the movie, and your current date is 12 of February 2010 .)
    N? 2:

Quote:
    PRINT SCREENS AREN'T ALWAYS CORRECT !!

Imagine i'm claiming to have "How to train your dragon" from dreamworks (release date: 26/03/2010) in dvdrip for example. Today is 24/03/2010, here's the screens so you can confirm the quality !

How is this done? Simple..

Going to youtube view the trailer in HD, and take some printscreens.

A good trick is, when u see a post that you don't believe it with nice screens, go to youtube and see the trailer 8/10 you will see the images in the post in the trailers at some point.

N?3:

Quote:
    If there is no .nfo about the movie and i think the post is dodgy this is another huge red light for me, not all have the same structure, but if you're a newbie look for something in this style:

Check Download Links Code:

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Simple@L3
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Duration : 1h 28mn
    Bit rate : 966 Kbps
    Width : 512 pixels
    Height : 272 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 1.882
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Resolution : 8 bits
    Colorimetry : 40
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.277
    Stream size : 609 MiB (87%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.0.1 (UTC 2004-06-05)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Mode : Joint stereo
    Format_Settings_ModeExtension : MS Stereo
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Duration : 1h 28mn
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 133 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Stream size : 83.6 MiB (12%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 24 ms (0.60 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 115 ms

N?4

Quote:
    Always look to the user that posted the thread , and see how many threads he created so far.
    Why?? Because users who post fake posts are banned by administrators, so they can't post anymore.. 90% of the times, users with just a few posts , post fake movies.

This is where you check that info:
    i.e:

N?5:

Quote:
    Users that only post links from:

HOTFILE.COM
    DEPOSITFILES.COM
    SHARINGMATRIX.COM
    STORAGE.TO
    and many others ..

Why?
    Because these sites give money to those users per download that you do, so if you download their files from a movie that you think its in a decent release. They are actually tricking you , when you realize you downloaded everything and that is not the movie that you expected, they already made money in the file hosting service.
    N?6:<- Thanks to cccbycox for this one

Quote:
    Beware of phishing links, when clicking a link check if it is the same on your status bar !

Also he advises you and i agree 100% to check the longevity of the user in the forum, you can easily trust someone thats in the forum for a couple of years and their posts, than newbies that just show up and start posting.

N?7:

Quote:
    Lack of information in the post.

So this fakers make money they need to create hundreds or thousands of fake posts with ppl downloading. So sometimes they just don't have time to create perfect posts and you can notice that when:

- The post has for example only the cover a small info and download links , like i said usually hotfile, sharingmatrix etc..

- The post title is something like "Alice in Wonderland DVDRIP 2010", this is really basic, and no group* in the world that got that release will create something basic like this, they love to put their name on the title and usually its not that neat . A better title would it be "Alice.in.Wonderland.LIMITED.DVDRip.XviD.SAPHi RE"

* An official group* ALWAYS has its name in the title, usually in the end. In this case is Saphire" *

Examples:

Look here, not many posts, basic title ..faker got banned

This one has loads of posts, you can see he takes pride in creating the post/title and its real, also the name of the group in the end.

Good users most of them when they post something that is real they make the effort to create a nice post, and eventually get their recognition with a thanks or so, usually this type of users always post quality threads.

* group: One or more guys that get the release of the movie first, and then share them on the internet.
    Quote:
    IMPORTANT

99.9% of REAL posts contain "RapidShare" links in the thread.

These are not definite solutions, just a guideline to help you downloading movies in all forums.
    If you follow these tips i'm sure you will be much more experienced in downloading quality movies. Peace.
    * If you do find posts with this evidences that u know is fake, report it ! You'll be only helping everyone to have a clean forum, and ppl we can trust *
    voyager1908 Reviewed by voyager1908 on . How to Spot FAKE movie posts without downloading the files! I've find this on web and I taught why not share it. How to Spot a Fake Movie Post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * How to Spot FAKE movie posts without downloading the files! * A: (Read Tip N?5) Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I use this plugin to check the contents of the rar's without downloading

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5028/

doesn't everyone do this already

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    the most obvious one is seeing a movie that just released with DVDRIP

Quote Originally Posted by Gav0 View Post
    I use this plugin to check the contents of the rar's without downloading

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5028/

doesn't everyone do this already