Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6836 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

It begins...

Default Request: vBulletin, Check For 'String' Before Submitting New Thread

Ok guys...

This is more of a request/idea. I ain't all that good with vBulletin modding. And my programmer friend (Yo, Dman) hates vB API.

I donno why, and I wish he did not

But meh..

Basically... here's the idea.

When a user creates a new thread and hits the submit button, a modification implemented, will check for a specific (admin defined) 'string' and return with an error if the string match is found.

So, if I add uploading.com to the list, it returns with an error everytime it finds that word when a new thread is created.

Why do I think this is better than adding it to the censor list?

Quite frankly, because I don't want to make my current topics in vB useless. Those that already have uploading.com links in them, OK. But if someone can create this stuff and we implement it, we could 'eliminate' further posting of these links.

If you understand what I wrote, you'll know what I'm getting at

AND... since quite a few posters use an auto-poster, they naturally won't notice that uploading.com links have been censored; means, we just have additional useless topics being created!

So... how about it?

P.S: Yeah, I hate uploading.com... meh.. their restrictions are pathetic. You really don't need them when you have RS/MU/MF/SN, etc
    Lifetalk Reviewed by Lifetalk on . Request: vBulletin, Check For 'String' Before Submitting New Thread Ok guys... This is more of a request/idea. I ain't all that good with vBulletin modding. And my programmer friend (Yo, Dman) hates vB API. I donno why, and I wish he did not :P But meh.. Basically... here's the idea. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It begins...
    BUMP..

No one?

Thread Information