Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6868 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Starting warez site - domain anonymity?

Hi there,

Is there any way of anonymously registering a domain, or keeping your details private so people can't just do a whois search?

Apparently even services like DomainByProxy are quite easy to get details out of, they give out details as soon as they receive a cease-and-desist letter.
    smokestash Reviewed by smokestash on . Starting warez site - domain anonymity? Hi there, Is there any way of anonymously registering a domain, or keeping your details private so people can't just do a whois search? Apparently even services like DomainByProxy are quite easy to get details out of, they give out details as soon as they receive a cease-and-desist letter. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Use fake details lol...
    Trusted: Dom, l0calh0st, 0ccul7, robert420
    Find all threads started by NewEraCracker

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraCracker View Post
    Use fake details lol...
    How? When you register thru registrars like GoDaddy, and you pay by CC, obvs your details will need to match your CC billing details, otherwise it doesn't go thru.

Namecheap whois guard.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokestash View Post
    How? When you register thru registrars like GoDaddy, and you pay by CC, obvs your details will need to match your CC billing details, otherwise it doesn't go thru.
    Pay via PayPal.

I would suggest you use false information and WhoIs guard, if you start earning big money or the site gets really big, you could maybe look into getting a PO Box?

Respected Member
    I almost used fake details, but I didn't. I was hacked. The domain was stolen. I had the domain back within a hour of talking to GoDaddy because my domain details matched my drivers license.

I don't know where your based but as long as you don't host any content on the site (i.e. members only post links) you should be fine even with real information. (OK, maybe not, I'm not a lawyer but I *believe* only providing links is fine).

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Namecheap whois guard.
    1 year for free

Quote Originally Posted by smokestash View Post
    Is there any way of anonymously registering a domain, or keeping your details private so people can't just do a whois search.
    Yes you can!

Best way to keep your data private is not to give any to your registrar in the first place. Don't use Paypal or any US based registry or US administered domains like .us .com net org info me tv etc...

And there are domains without a whois server like .to ( http://www.tonic.to/ )

Banned
    Website's:
    IMGit.org ShareBB.org ShareBB.info
    Namecheap whois guard..it does it's job and it's 1 year free!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information