Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6933 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    kavkisfile.com tipsfreelance.com

Exclamation Domain Seizure Avoiding

Hi!

I am thinking of moving my .com domain to a cctld. Since USA govt. have been seizing some torrent portals under COICA law. Also I saw that lot of torrent portal changed their domain name to- .me, .ph, .org etc.

Few months ago www.torrent-finder.com was seized by USA-

On Thursday, the 25th of November 2010, the Torrent Finder domain ( www.torrent-finder.com ), registered with Godaddy, was seized by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) without any prior takedown notice or specific allegations of infringing activity. The Domain IP was suddenly changed without the registrar's knowledge and the system displayed a "Pending Registry Action" message on the domain's status. No contact was given until Wednesday, the 1st of December, when Godaddy replied to my inquiries, giving a contact for an ICE agent

This Seizure was done with help of .com, .net TLD operator VeriSign

So suggest me a good cctld that can avoid this kind of domain Seizure before I have time.
    shakhawat Reviewed by shakhawat on . Domain Seizure Avoiding Hi! I am thinking of moving my .com domain to a cctld. Since USA govt. have been seizing some torrent portals under COICA law. Also I saw that lot of torrent portal changed their domain name to- .me, .ph, .org etc. Few months ago www.torrent-finder.com was seized by USA- http://www.torrent-finder.com/IPRC_Seized_2010_11.gif This Seizure was done with help of .com, .net TLD operator VeriSign Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    tufos.net
    dunno mate.. I have seen them seizing .eu, .es and even .br domains lately.

Website's:
    EastsideHosting.com MediaONAIR.com ImgWiz.com cPadmin.net EastsidePCWorks.com HostedTalk.com
    The COICA law never passed yet. (Everyone needs to vote, 1 person says NO - It does not PASS! - Has to be some pirate in the senate, I hope. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combati...unterfeits_Act

The bill passed the Senate Judiciary Committee with a vote of 19-0 but never received a full vote on the Senate floor.[1] Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) announced he would take the steps necessary to halt COICA so it is not enacted into law this year, and was successful, effectively killing this bill and requiring it to be resubmitted and for it to make it through a new committee again in 2011 with a different makeup of its members.[3]
    ICE part of Homeland security just started seizing domains without the COICA law.

http://torrentfreak.com - Covers all this.

Even with the censorship and the domain names being seized would it be so bad?

Domain Gone.
    Servers still online.
    Site still worked.

We would be underground and no way for them to monitor websites.
    EastsideHosting - (Web Hosting, Proxy Hosting, Reseller Program)
    MediaONAIR - (SHOUTcast Servers, ICEcast Servers, Reseller Program)
    Server Administrator - (Dedicated Servers, VPS Management, One Time Services)
    ImgWiz - (Free Image Hosting)

Most of these seized domains were owned by criminals, and they were used in many other things except the warez. Nothing is random in this world, especially not when it comes to such things. As you can see thousands of warez sites, some of them are around 2000/2001 and they're still online.

Thread Information