Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6786 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Domain Registrar Change?

Hello Guys

I have my domains registered with Godaddy

is there any way to change the Registrar of a domain to another company outside US ?
    tawy Reviewed by tawy on . Domain Registrar Change? Hello Guys I have my domains registered with Godaddy is there any way to change the Registrar of a domain to another company outside US ? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    FinMovie.net FinImg.com
    Yes, you can transfer domain to another company but I think you have to pay fee...

Website's:
    EastsideHosting.com MediaONAIR.com ImgWiz.com cPadmin.net EastsidePCWorks.com HostedTalk.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tawy View Post
    Hello Guys

is there any way to change the Registrar of a domain to another company outside US ?
    Yes you can transfer your domains.

If you login to your other registrar it should tell you if it can be transfered.

If the domain is expiring within a week; You cannot transfer it, but the day that it expires you usually can transfer it. (I've done this numerous times)

Make sure you unlock your domain name, If you don't this will prevent the transfer.

Send the 'Authentication E-mail' also known as EPP Code to your e-mail and this is the transfer code required to transfer it.

If you have privacy turned on; You need to turn it off; otherwise it will fail.

If you update your contact details, DON'T UPDATE ANYTHING, but the Administrative Contact, because this is the e-mail the 'Transfer Approval' is send too and Godaddy has this thing, If you update any contact details or renew a domain you cannot transfer it for 60 days, thus also includes the push to another account.

It's not FREE, there is a FEE; but not expensive and usually cheaper then a domain purchase and renewals. Plus once you transfer it you get a free year of registration added.
    EastsideHosting - (Web Hosting, Proxy Hosting, Reseller Program)
    MediaONAIR - (SHOUTcast Servers, ICEcast Servers, Reseller Program)
    Server Administrator - (Dedicated Servers, VPS Management, One Time Services)
    ImgWiz - (Free Image Hosting)

Website's:
    addlinkgame.com addlinkmobile.com wiigamedownloads.net seofreebies.net linkdex.org
    One thing no one has asked is How long have you had the Domains at Go Daddy? If you just registered them I beleive you have to wait 60 days before you are able to transfer them to another regertrar

Website's:
    EastsideHosting.com MediaONAIR.com ImgWiz.com cPadmin.net EastsidePCWorks.com HostedTalk.com
    Hello Guys

Quote Originally Posted by what4 View Post
    One thing no one has asked is How long have you had the Domains at Go Daddy? If you just registered them I beleive you have to wait 60 days before you are able to transfer them to another regertrar
    Yep that's correct, I mentioned in my last post.

My domain was registered with godaddy for 4 Years, 0 Months, 19 days.

But i purchased domain privacy 19 days ago and contact information was changed for "Domain by proxy"

Should i disable it ?

Website's:
    My domain was registered with godaddy for 4 Years, 0 Months, 19 days.

But i purchased domain privacy 19 days ago and contact information was changed for "Domain by proxy"

Should i disable it ?
    You're going to have to disable privacy, if you want to transfer.

Now I don't think this will effect the transfer in anyway, but who knows with GoDaddy, they have their own rules with ICANN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    You're going to have to disable privacy, if you want to transfer.

Now I don't think this will effect the transfer in anyway, but who knows with GoDaddy, they have their own rules with ICANN.

the only reason i want to transfer is am afraid as my site is a warez linking forum and i dont want the domain to be seized like tvshack or others

so i am seeking a non US registrar ... any suggestions ? may be a russian one ?

Banned
    Am going to transfer my domain to webpole As i have some problem with my previous registrar.Here the transferring price is too cheap .You can also try this dude!

Thread Information