Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61127 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    cyberchennai.in cyberhosting.in

Default hi i need help in setting up DNS for my vps.

hello i got new vps running centos5 and i installed kloxo and its running successfully. i registered a domain and i want that to be the default domain for the vps.

i created a child name server from registerar ns1.mydomain.com and added my vps ip to it.

in kloxo i opened dns template tab and gave name for template and lfet ip as default same as vps and added ns1.mydomain.com as primary and ns2 as secondary.

is this correct?
    wat else should i do further?

cyberchennai Reviewed by cyberchennai on . hi i need help in setting up DNS for my vps. hello i got new vps running centos5 and i installed kloxo and its running successfully. i registered a domain and i want that to be the default domain for the vps. i created a child name server from registerar ns1.mydomain.com and added my vps ip to it. in kloxo i opened dns template tab and gave name for template and lfet ip as default same as vps and added ns1.mydomain.com as primary and ns2 as secondary. is this correct? wat else should i do further? 8-) Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    that seems above correct so reboot vps and just keep checking for a kloxo page or apache page to load

Banned
    Website's:
    google.com
    also register ur ns1.mydomain.com ns2.mydomain.com in domain control ppnael with ur ip

Website's:

Default rply

hi pioneer : i changed the name servers to ns1.mydomain.com in domain registerar already.

and as for 1st reply. if i type ns1.mydomain.com then i get apache page. but if i type mydomain.com its not resolving...

Did you create a www folder on your server in your dns settings?

If you haven't; assign your servers ip address to the www folder.

in your registrar create two name servers such as ns1.yourdomain.com ns2.yourdomain.com with your servers ip addresses

then on your server you need to add those nameservers.

I don't know how to use Kloxo as I've never used it before but this should still be somewhat helpful; I think..

Best of luck.

So kiss me and smile for me, say that you'll wait for me <'3

Website's:
    thank you guys.. i just did a reboot and kloxo page appeared
    thanks a ton.

Banned
    Hello,

I have a Proplem too. I am waiting since 30 Hours for the DNS Update, but nothing happens, my Domain ist still unavailable. Can somebody help me out?

Banned
    have you rebooted

host mensworld.me
    mensworld.me A record not found, server failure
    You do not have a DNS A record set-up in your DNS records to point to your server.
    Anyway, this will not work.

Why do people want to use their own nameservers anyway?
    Let mensworld.me use your domain registrar's nameservers and use their control panel to configure DNS.

Quote Originally Posted by derdude View Post
    Hello,

I have a Proplem too. I am waiting since 30 Hours for the DNS Update, but nothing happens, my Domain ist still unavailable. Can somebody help me out?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidApps View Post
    You do not have a DNS A record set-up in your DNS records to point to your server.
    Anyway, this will not work.

Why do people want to use their own nameservers anyway?
    Let mensworld.me use your domain registrar's nameservers and use their control panel to configure DNS.
    AndroidApps, i dont know who to use different Nameservers, these ns1.mensworld.me & ns2.mensworld.me are the default Nameservers from my VPS Provider.

I have sent you a PM, maybe you can help me out to configure these DNS. I would pay you some ? for your help,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information