Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6813 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net

Default Encode Blu-Ray Keeping DTS Audio

I'm interested in using my Blu-Ray Disc collection to upload some 720p and 1080p rips (mostly of TV Shows) that are currently missing from the scene.

However, it seems like all the audios are always DTS, but I have yet to find a way to do that. It seems like everything wants to use AAC or AC3 (which seem not to be as good).

I'm doing most of my encoding from a Mac (so if anyone knew how to do it on that it'd be very cool).

Otherwise, if someone could tell me how it's done on windows/the general process that might be cool.
    Maverick Reviewed by Maverick on . Encode Blu-Ray Keeping DTS Audio I'm interested in using my Blu-Ray Disc collection to upload some 720p and 1080p rips (mostly of TV Shows) that are currently missing from the scene. However, it seems like all the audios are always DTS, but I have yet to find a way to do that. It seems like everything wants to use AAC or AC3 (which seem not to be as good). I'm doing most of my encoding from a Mac (so if anyone knew how to do it on that it'd be very cool). Otherwise, if someone could tell me how it's done on Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net
    I've found a couple encoders that aren't just 1 clicks. Including an opensource project called Handbrake?

Seems like maybe opensource can't get the kind of quality required? But on the other hand, I've seen some FANTASTIC opensource projects that have surpassed their commercial competition.

Handbrake can do DTS passthru for MKV files, but not MP4 (is it just me or does that seem weird to anyone else)?

Handbake is awesome.

DTS passthru if MKV container selected.

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net
    It seems it automatically crops the image though? So you can't keep the original video...god, this is all so fucked.

Yes, you should be able to, but no one is going download a 5GB 1 hour TV show.

What actual are you looking to do?

Handbrake has a excellent community and information on their board.

Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    If you are planning on posting your blurays on the scene then you have 2 choices...

Rip the iso file and rar it up into peices or encode your bluray into a avi useing autogk (windows) and just use the ac3 audio format when ripping or if you can find a mac version so be it...

Also scene rips all are from 1.3gb to 700mb when ripping just the movie video and audio... Other then that full bluray rips are in iso format or m2ts....

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net
    Lol, I know a lot about scene releases. Like the OP said, I'm looking to do 720p and 1080p rips of TV Shows. Yes, some of those files get quite large, however YES, there will be plenty of people interested in getting them (I know what I'm talking about).

It's absolutely ridiculous that I can't figure out a one or two program way to get full encodes of this on a goddamn Mac.

Hello,

I figured you did want to keep Full HD in tact, just wasn't sure if they were many interest in this.

When you say it crops, want present are you using? Can you post an image.

Also, AnyDVD player running to remove protections, right?

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net
    I have the Blu-Ray on my hard drive, unencrypted.

AnyDVD HD doesn't have a Mac version (unfortunately).

Perfect.

Open Handbrake, locate mts file, hmm for TV espisodes I under how its split up? Never done a TV BluRay encode.

Select Normal present. It shouldn't crop video, add a screenshot.

I usually do Constant Quality, far superior quality and then just select audio track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information